Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brtech1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Excellent! I'm so happy to see another well developed engine surfacing, keep up the good work!

I also support IQM and IQE in JenJin, blender users looking for an animated 3D format should give it a go, the IQE exporter is well maintained across blender versions.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Now with improved virtual-3D stereo sound engine code und underwater

Now with improved virtual-3D stereo sound engine code und underwater (physics, sounds and post process screen effect).

The whole sound engine code is bigger than the main renderer core code now.

The sound engine do support true 3D sound spatialization now (including ear-distance-delays, listener-to-object-angle-and-distance-frequency-filtering, etc.) and I'm working on full HRTF support as a additional high-quality-3D-sound-spatialization-work-mode.

The underwater sound filter effect is a 4-semitones-down-pitchshifter (without FFT/IFFT, very-short-delayline-based with a hamming fade window functon, only circa 20 code lines only), 300 Hz 6dB one pole low pass filter, 500-1000Hz boosting 3-band quadpole 24dB EQ and reverb.

It supports also the doppler effect now (air and underwater).

The most all sound engine code is 32bit integer-only (16.12 bit fixedpoint with 4 bit headroom, so it is 20.12 bit at the end) except at the initialization code parts for lookup tables, float -> fixedpoint constant value calculations, etc.

And here the new video. And the BRTECH1.zip at the URL in my start post in this thread is also updated.

Last edited by BeRo; 27-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Wow, you sure have put a lot of effort into your sound engine, though I guess this is expected from you
    Existence is pain

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    That's utterly awesome, you really know your stuff!
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

this is awesome , how's the engine code is it procedural (which is expected) or OOP

Quote Originally Posted by AirPas View Post
    this is awesome , how's the engine code is it procedural (which is expected) or OOP
    The utils functions (math, system-related helper functions, and so on) are procedural and the engine core itself is fully object-oriented class-based. So it's circa 90% OOP and 10% procedural.

So new BRTECH1.zip is online ( http://rootserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/BRTECH1.zip ).

BRTECH1 has HRTF support now, so BRTECH1 has following 3D audio spatialization modes now:

1. Fast fake 3D stereo (what the original idTech3 Quake3 engine also do, but still better than when 3D audio spatialization is inactive, so it's more a alternative for really slow CPUs )
    2. Pseudo 3D acoustics (already very good pseudo 3D sound over stereo, but it is not so good like HRTF, so it's more a alternative for non-headphone users and/or slower CPUs)
    3. HRTF (really very good und even true 3D sound over stereo, but only wih headphones, because this is the limiting factor of HRTF)

The mode is selectable with the spat(ialization) in-engine console command game, and it will be active for the next loaded map then.

And the whole sound engine code is still mostly 20.12-bit-fixed-point 32-bit-integer-only.

So have fun with it
    Last edited by BeRo; 30-09-2012 at 04:15 PM.

May I ask where you get pascal headers for SDL 2.0? Are they Delphi compatible?
    Last edited by pitfiend; 02-10-2012 at 06:31 PM.

New BRTECH1 Engine while-in-development-demostration video. This time with most full map entity logic, player models and a third-person-view as an optional alternative for the first-person-view mode.

The next todo-steps will be: LiSPSM shadow mapping, networking, weapon shot physics, game menu UI, and such other things.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast