I'm using Delphi 5 and I have no Delphi 3D experience at all, so any advice you guys can give me would be very helpful. So, thanks in advance.

What I'm trying to write is a Delphi application which will create a landscape from a grid of points (two triangular polygons per grid square) - where each grid square's corner point can be raised or lowered to create hills and valleys.

Having created a series of X,Y,Z points for each of the 'tiles' of this grid, I want to be able to texture them and view the results as a 3D representation in a window in my Delphi application.

The ability to raise and lower the landscape on the 3D window with the mouse would be nice, but not absolutely necessary.

The only other requirement really is to be able to move the camera around the landscape to view the resulting landscape.

My question is basically, what do you recommend for doing this in Delphi 5?

I've installed DelphiX and then read on the net that 3D support isn't it's strong point.

Also, as I'm no expert with DirectX, something with reasonable help files - preferably for idiots - would be a bonus!

Can this all be done with DelphiX, or is there an alternative to DirectX?

Thanks...

Bazzer