Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Projekt Weltherrscher - "Phase 2"

since it's working on linux now you should also try ubuntu software center.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
    Nice work!
    I have done some promotion on several game forums so expect increase of interest for your game
    Thanks a lot! I appreciate your effort. More publicity is always good. Now that the game is nearing it's completion I'm trying to slowly drive momentum

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    since it's working on linux now you should also try ubuntu software center.
    Will think about that once the game goes final. Too many places make updating tiresome, but once it's finished I plan on getting it into some linux distros.

wow you don't see that everyday. Someone who has their game in metacritic

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/projekt-w---phase-2
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Quote Originally Posted by czar View Post
    wow you don't see that everyday. Someone who has their game in metacritic

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/projekt-w---phase-2
    Thanks for posting this, it's a nice find and I din't know about it. But judging from the boxart, it must be coming from Desura, as the game is now available there.

Btw. adding my game to IndieDB and Desura gave it a huge publicity boost. The game is currently almost as popular there as Minecraft and I'm getting lots of feedback and downloads. So anyone wanting to expand their game's audience should consider posting their games there

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Willems View Post
    Btw. adding my game to IndieDB and Desura gave it a huge publicity boost. The game is currently almost as popular there as Minecraft and I'm getting lots of feedback and downloads. So anyone wanting to expand their game's audience should consider posting their games there
    True, I just added my game to indieDB yesterday however there's not much to show yet. Still I think it's a good idea to show off what is already done when working on the project than wait with 'promotion' till it's completed.

Projekt Weltherrscher coming to Mac OSX

I finally got my hands on a device running Mac OSX and setup my development toolchain there and started porting the game to Mac OSX last weekend!

And since Mac OSX is pretty similar to linux it didn't take ages to get the first build up and running on Mac OSX (a great feeling after that linux port took ages :

So prepare for a Mac OSX release coming in the not too distant future

P.S. : Releasing the game on Desura was one of the best things I ever did. Lots of new players (currently over twelve hundred active installs, not too shabby for an open beta hardcore strategy game ) and lots of valuable feedback.
    Last edited by Sascha Willems; 25-06-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yay! Wait, define "device"? lol

1,200 huh? that's pretty darn good.

Any hopes of seeing it on the Mac App Store?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

New beta release #201 with native linux x86_64 support

I've just updated the open beta of Projekt "W" - Phase 2 to version 201.

Changes :

• Added a linux x86_64 release. From now on all upcoming releases will also be available for linux x86_64.
    • Fixed a bug that stopped ecology buildings from getting finished.
    • Fixed wrong global project calculation for minimum required funds to progress.
    • (Linux) The sound library (libbass.so) is now loaded dynamically. If there was a problem loading it you get a corresponding message instead of the game not starting.
    • (Linux) Executable bits for the start script and the game’s binary have been set.
    • Fixed lots of spelling and grammar errors.

Download :

The Mac OSX release is still in testing, but it's perfectly playable and all the OS-related stuff is implemented. Currently I only have access to one mac (a mac mini in our IT-department) so I may seek out for some mac users to test it before releasing it to the public. So no ETA on that version yet, but it's almost there

P.S. : My Desura Stats tell me that more than 2.000 people have installed the game. Not to shabby, eh

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456