Making money from your work takes effort. I am starting to think that writting the software is the easy work! :shock:

If I write something that I do not think will return in earnings the effort required to market it, why spend the effort on it. Rather turn it over to a community that can use it as a learning tool. IF I keep any control over it I remain involved in its evolution - I have already decided I cannot earn enough from it to spend additional effort on it so release it free and never worry about it again!

I often have this sort of discussion with developers here. They all want to retain control over their creations. I say thats not viable. You need to spend effort in exercising that control - deciding price, market, advertising budget etc. If I have a product I will hand over control of my product to someone interested in marketing it. They make the decisions, they do the effort to sell it. If neccessary I will hand over 60% of my income to this person to ensure that the product is as important to them as to me.

Basically I want to work on the projects I think up. I would much rather someone else worried about EVERYTHING else.

PS. I would love to see someone try sell one of my products Any volunteers to market my stuff?