Thread: [in-dev] SIGHELP

[in-dev] SIGHELP

So, I'm making a small tactical game - a poor clone of Laser Squad / X-COM. Since for the last few days I'm busy rewriting the thing to a GameController + Player model - code that doesn't make any difference for the end-user - I thought that maybe I'd show whatever I've made so far to get some feedback and thus, motivation.

Screenshot:

Download (Win32, Linux): here

So far contains only a 60x60 random map, with 4 units under the players control and 7 units just standing around and waiting to be killed. Will be posting new versions as the project progresses.

for me there is a to hard contrast between tiles but i really like the simple UI

Nice oldschool HUD there. One thing that I would improve is the perspective. I'm not sure whether it is pure top-down or viewed from an angle. Maybe you could improve the tiles a bit to reflect this. A "theme" in the tiles (either desert, cave or city etc) could also help giving the game more atmosphere.

Good luck.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.