Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: news from Microsoft

news from Microsoft

Hi, as the ones of you who read Slashdot already know, the last Microsoft brilliant idea was to patent nothing less than the "isnot" operator of Basic.

The patent was is waiting to explode
    If you save your data in a proprietary format, the owner of the format owns your data.
    <br /><A href="http://msx80.blogspot.com">http://msx80.blogspot.com</A>

news from Microsoft

Sorry, but the link doesn't work.
    The more complex a system is, the smaller the bugs get; the smaller the bugs are, the more often they appear.

Blog Entries

news from Microsoft

Woked for me.

What nonsense. :?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

news from Microsoft

Which is why you all need to Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe and stop them doing that over here.
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

news from Microsoft

Signed it.

Software Patents are wrong.
    Copyright is good.
    They are not related.

news from Microsoft

They have gone too far, how can you pattent a word or a color ?! :shock: :evil: :twisted:
    It's the second on my list of human stupidity after the color patents.
    So now we can't use this instruction because MS pattented it ?
    The guys who approve them even read such nonsense claims ?
    Pattents are so wrong for some things like words or colors,
    they are good for inventions(real objects) not software.
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    The future must be... Fast and OpenSource so...
    <br />Think Open and Lightning Fast!

Blog Entries

news from Microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    They have gone too far... ...they are good for inventions(real objects) not software.
    Lightning, I could not agree with you more. :roll:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

news from Microsoft

Actually I doubt that Microsoft are the ones to blame. If they'd not patent it someone else probably would and then sue Microsoft. Most of the time that companies patent stuff like this it is to protect itself rather than using it against others.
    Signature:
    <br />This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

news from Microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra
    Actually I doubt that Microsoft are the ones to blame. If they'd not patent it someone else probably would and then sue Microsoft. Most of the time that companies patent stuff like this it is to protect itself rather than using it against others.
    I don't think this is the case for Microsoft. If i know how they think (and you can just look back at the past), they'll surely use it for some barely legal action.
    I think it is very probable that they'll use it as a weapon against linux and open source. Just wait some year and we'll see.
    If you save your data in a proprietary format, the owner of the format owns your data.
    <br /><A href="http://msx80.blogspot.com">http://msx80.blogspot.com</A>

news from Microsoft

I still doubt that they'll try anything, killing off the open source comunity is doomed adventure anyway.
    However, they've already talked about how Linux violates more than 228 patents (click) so who knows.
    Signature:
    <br />This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast