Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
Lazarus already has debugging and code completion, however debugging is still not completed on win32 but code tools work, code hints are a little buggy on win32 but work on Linux.
Yes, but neither of them works, at least as i expect them to do.

MSX if you have some knowlege then why don't you help Lazarus since it has full FPC support (the FPC team supports it and viceversa).
Why try to swim against the watter flow ?
You all say Lazarus is buggy, bad, makes big apps., why don't you make it better, you have something, why try to reinvent the wheel ?
The Lazarus project needs developers and because it's the best such project many chose it, it will soon be the best IDE for Linux.
Well that's an idea indeed. But i don't like that much how it is structured. First, it is not modular as it could be as far as i've seen, second, it has too many features.
That's my opinion..

Ok, i don't see what's wrong in opening a concurrent project. It's dispersive, ok, but the variety is a good thing also.

Given that, i don't think i'll ever have the time to program it. :mrgreen:
But who knows? Maybe when i'm finished with my current game.. Ah, no, i've my Operating System to do after that

About Debian, imho is the best distro, and installing Lazarus was not hard. At the time i used the converted RPM, which get down to this two commands:

alien lazarus-xxx-xxx.rpm
dpkg -i lazarus-xxx-xxx.deb

Now, if i'm not wrong, lazarus is included in debian experimental so that you could probably install it with apt.
If any of you need help installing it (or fpc, or kylix) on debian, i'll be happy to help.