Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delphi 2005 a flop, IMOHO >:P

Delphi 2005 a flop, IMOHO >:P

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    Lazarus already has debugging and code completion, however debugging is still not completed on win32 but code tools work, code hints are a little buggy on win32 but work on Linux.
    Yes, but neither of them works, at least as i expect them to do.

MSX if you have some knowlege then why don't you help Lazarus since it has full FPC support (the FPC team supports it and viceversa).
    Why try to swim against the watter flow ?
    You all say Lazarus is buggy, bad, makes big apps., why don't you make it better, you have something, why try to reinvent the wheel ?
    The Lazarus project needs developers and because it's the best such project many chose it, it will soon be the best IDE for Linux.
    Well that's an idea indeed. But i don't like that much how it is structured. First, it is not modular as it could be as far as i've seen, second, it has too many features.
    That's my opinion..

Ok, i don't see what's wrong in opening a concurrent project. It's dispersive, ok, but the variety is a good thing also.

Given that, i don't think i'll ever have the time to program it. :mrgreen:
    But who knows? Maybe when i'm finished with my current game.. Ah, no, i've my Operating System to do after that

About Debian, imho is the best distro, and installing Lazarus was not hard. At the time i used the converted RPM, which get down to this two commands:

alien lazarus-xxx-xxx.rpm
    dpkg -i lazarus-xxx-xxx.deb

Now, if i'm not wrong, lazarus is included in debian experimental so that you could probably install it with apt.
    If any of you need help installing it (or fpc, or kylix) on debian, i'll be happy to help.
    If you save your data in a proprietary format, the owner of the format owns your data.
    <br /><A href="http://msx80.blogspot.com">http://msx80.blogspot.com</A>

MSX were you refering to identifier completion, try [CTRL]+[SPACE].
    Debugger seems to work on Linux (i didn't test yet), also code hints, about features i think it's almost as Delphi, not too many, not too few.
    The future must be... Fast and OpenSource so...
    <br />Think Open and Lightning Fast!

A link for those that want Delphi7(wich is still the best) though i'm not sure about the source
    I anyone will buy it, please tell me if it's legal.

http://regime.ajicccln.info/?PylUl4jaATqIBPPgrout

Blog Entries

I would seriously like a rewritten set of instructions for installing Lazarus on a Debian distro[size=9px](The latest disc that I use is Woody, because it is stable and quite upgradable for everything)[/size]. The current writting are just TOO confusing and misses what seems to be some very vital points. Namely, how to finish the installation with these extra libs required to install for Debian specifically. :roll:

cairnswm: Why? Debian is the best. Everything else is just plain and simply trying to be too fancy instead of trying to maintain a common set of directories and never mind the stablility issue. On top of that Debian has the BEST packaging system out of the major 3[size=9px](4 if you consider Feldora Core to be one of them, 5 if to consider Gentoo to be the latest one aswell)[/size]. It is as close as you are ever going to get to a Slackware distro without having to do it all in text mode. Installation was the best too. AND all of it's interfaces actually work, unlike Mandrake. ie. Webmin, etc... [size=8px](OR doesn't crash and randomly mess up on you like SuSE)[/size]

Delphi 7 Enterprise (2 CDs) $60 not bad. Seems legit to me...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

After reading thisI'm not so sure that the Delphi 7 for $60 is legit. Guess it was to good to be true. You can still download a warez version of it from your favorite p2p network, you'll still be ripping of Borland but also the bad guys. (Also, no, I don't actually suggest that you download it. Just that I prefer doing that rather than pay for pirated software.)
    Signature:
    <br />This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

did this come in an email? my guess is the ?PylUl4jaATqIBPPgrout is linked to the email address (so everyone clicking it just confirmed u to the spam lists )

also has anyone noticed that http://regime.ajicccln.info loads a blank page.

Lightning, i know that CTRL-SPACE Just, it works only some times (about 1 on 10 in my works). I don't know why, probably becouse he tries to parse the unit to get the symbols but the unit is not valid. BTW Kylix has the same behaviour (a little better), while Delphi instead works almost always.
    Debugging just don't work. It starts, then it mess all. either gdb is not cleaned, or some command get lost, or the initilization don't work, etc etc.
    I looked at the sources some time ago but i wasn't able to figure out the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    I would seriously like a rewritten set of instructions for installing Lazarus on a Debian distro[size=9px](The latest disc that I use is Woody, because it is stable and quite upgradable for everything)[/size]. The current writting are just TOO confusing and misses what seems to be some very vital points. Namely, how to finish the installation with these extra libs required to install for Debian specifically. :roll:
    Well the extra packages should be always in debian, their name is in the form fp-xxx

fp-docs - Free Pascal -- Documentation
    fp-units-base - Free Pascal -- base units
    fp-units-db - Free Pascal -- database libraries units
    fp-units-fcl - Free Pascal -- Free Component Library
    fp-units-gfx - Free Pascal -- graphics libraries units

Did you mean these ?
    If you have a specific problem, write my the output.

cairnswm: Why? Debian is the best.
    Now, that's a statement that i really agree with (including the rest about apt, etc)
    If you save your data in a proprietary format, the owner of the format owns your data.
    <br /><A href="http://msx80.blogspot.com">http://msx80.blogspot.com</A>

Did you guys get it in your e-mail too ?
    I'm sure it can't be legal, licensed software alway has some copyright ID tag on the package with serial number, i don't think they give you that.
    If you find a legal source, please let me know.

if this came in an email then just delete it

Debian is the best distro ?
    I used RH9 MDK10 until now and MDK10 is verry win like, automounts, many plug-n-play features, fast, stable.
    I didn't test Debian yet but does it have all the features MDK has like win font importer, etc.
    I hurd Debian supports packages and is Lightning fast like Slack but haven't got the chance to test it.
    I would like to hear your ideeas.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast