Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wizards Tactics

Wizards Tactics

'ello!

We're making a game called Wizards Tactics. We'd like to make a remake of the game Lords Of Chaos with some extensions (X-Com, Jagged Alliance,...). The game is on our page and the download is updated (usually) weekly - sundays.

To check the progress you can click on the "read dev log" button on the page or you can read the WizardsTacticsProgress.txt file that comes with the game.

Currently there are no instructions/"real help" available but any gamer with some tactics/strategy gaming experience should know how to operate the (currently clumsy) game. Move with the mouse over objects to get quick info. Help is displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Let me know if you like the game and sorry for all the bugs...

The link is www.bojzgames.net/wt

If you are interested and would like to join us, drop me a line on bojz@bojzgames.net. We need every-thing/one. :?

HF,

BojZ

P.S. The gfx in the game is from the game Dungeon Odyssey. Use google to find it online. :twisted:
    What echoes in Eternity has been done in someone's life...

Re: Wizards Tactics

Nice! That's my favourite game genre

I'm dowloading it (at work, but don't tell anybody)
    If you save your data in a proprietary format, the owner of the format owns your data.
    <br /><A href="http://msx80.blogspot.com">http://msx80.blogspot.com</A>

Wizards Tactics

From what I can see, its looking quit nice! Too bad the shots are a bit small to get a real good picture. Looking forward to see more.

btw, you might want to remove the dot in the url as it actually gives an error page. People could think your site is not available or something

Wizards Tactics

I'm working on the game a lot, but as I don't always have the energy to get myself do something "useful" with the game when I get home from work, it often happens that I just fix bugs or add some minor things to the game...

I usually update the downloadable game on sundays.

Maybe this sunday the A* pathfinding will work and the map editor is making good progress aswell so I'll take the saturday and make a nice map.

Tnx for the dot reminder, T.

BojZ

Wizards Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by BojZ
    I'm working on the game a lot, but as I don't always have the energy to get myself do something "useful" with the game when I get home from work, it often happens that I just fix bugs or add some minor things to the game...
    That's true! Damned job, it always interfere with our free time.

Anyway, about the game, it' quite good, but it has a couple of things that i didn't like.
    One is the mouse that "jumps" to the center of the objects. I find that it disturb the mouse movements. You could instead let the pointer free and add the "cross" in the center of the tile that stay fixed.
    Also, the game area is too small. Most of the screen is black, and the units are a little too small. I think it would look better if you enlarge both.

BTW will you continue with the graphic of Dungeon Odyssey or will you draw you own ?

Bye
    If you save your data in a proprietary format, the owner of the format owns your data.
    <br /><A href="http://msx80.blogspot.com">http://msx80.blogspot.com</A>

Wizards Tactics

=]

I get that a lot, about the small gfx.

When in full screen mode it is actually much nicer. But I plan to make my own gfx when the game is "completed" and then all will look much nicer. (will add console command this week)

The Dung.Od. gfx is only temporary. I have enough graphical elements from the same "game art type" to keep me stimulated while I am making snail paced runs/progress on the game. That's why I'm using the DO gfx. At first I was thinking about using the gfx from the game Geneforge but (dunno why) decided to use the OD gfx.

HF,

BojZ

Wizards Tactics

Page updated. Version 0.74 available. Still buggy, but getting closer. =]

Take a look at our page here : www.bojzgames.net

BojZ

Blog Entries

Wizards Tactics

Very nice, BojZ!

I'll make a news post of this when I can.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Wizards Tactics

Tnx WILL, that would be great!

It is nice and importatnt that we (Pascal developers) keep the gamedev scene alive, not only by providing technical tools and support but (in my opin.) more importantly help each other to keep our motivation and to get the games shipped - only final products count,... (we in BG have 4 projects, none of them finished) =]

But enough theory. The page is up, it's updated almost each day, but this week we're goin out of the concrete jungle, spend some time in the middle ages, where fire needs wood to sustain itself, not gas... =]

Electricity is provided, we'll have our notebooks there so we can spend some quality time (without misc. disturbances like jobs, studying and those guddamn drunks yelling at 04:30AM) working on the game and it just might happen that the next version available will have many bugs removed (my personal goal No. -1) and new or old playability features added.

To the whole world:
    Have a nice time, holiday, leave,... spend the time in nice social (and natural) environments, don't drink 2 much but not to little either, don't drink and drive and most of all keep the good spirit alive!

BojZGames_Team_wishes_to_all := T_NewYear.Create('Happy');
    (Hope it compiles in your real-life compiler...)

BojZ

Wizards Tactics

You need to know that the page has been updated. New version of WT available for download, too - 0.75c. Still buggy, though. =]

BojZ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast