For the past two hours I was trying to track this problem but unfortunately I had no luck in going this. I even tried mesuring execution time for Rendering procedure where time needed for completing it was jumping between a few miliseconds to 15 miliseconds. But in worse case it jumped to 247 miliseconds and this happened when I wasn't even moving the map. Why did this happend I have no real answer. I can only suspect that some program has been doing something on the same core that it was asigned to the editor.
I even tried changing process afinity so that it alwasy ran on one of the cores and increasing the overal prioity but there were still theese hickups.

Gues I'll need to go and try profiling execution time for each even so small method, probably even those in Asphyre graphic engine itself to pinpoint the problem. I will notify you of my results when I have some.
But for now based on what is written on the link you provided theese hickups should be less comon when you run your application in FullScreen mode. But this means no VCL components so it might be only usable for game and not editor.