Thread: Space Shooter Game Editor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Happy new year!!!

Thank you for the tips, I did remove the random... also in my previous version (probably you did not check my source), I've already managed to save my map data using 2 for cycles, and load it as well.

Since then I've gone a bit further, I've modified my map record like this :
    Code:
       TMapData=array of array of Integer;
      TMapAnim=array of array of Integer;
      TMap=record
             name:string[20];
             map_length:string[3];
             data:TMapData;
             anim:TMapAnim;
           end;
    It stores the tile index, and it also stores for each tile index if it should be animated or not.

I'm also saving the data correctly map.name, map.length, map.data, map.anim , and loading correctly as well. But now I have a tiny problem , I don't know how can I make my water tiles get synced, right now if I move fast up or down on this
    map I drew, they get out of sync.

(yeah I've created the tiles using some tutorials...to see how my map would look like).

I'm planing to also save into my map file, anim_start, anim_speed so for example if I want to add some light (for example airport lights) to my map, I could specify in which order they would light up, so they would not look like clones of each other.

I don't know maybe if I add anim_start and anim_speed into my map file , my water tiles will be synced again?

As for the whole thing I don't know myself what I wanna do... My plan is to make a Space Shooter game...that as you can see will have a lot of terrain in it...with moving stuff. Right now I wanna properly finish layer1 , then I'll add another layer
    for trees, houses, other stuff, some floating on water stuff...., and much much later, I'll probably add another one Layer3 enemy objects, kinda like spawning points for enemy units, enemy buildings that shoot at you etc... but as I said I'm focusing on layer1, I don't want to overcomplicate and get lost, still got very-very-very much to learn about how exactly this sprite_engine works, and Asphyre as well, and game programing in general.

Attached I give you my latest Editor 0.7 with my tileset, I know it's bad , I will later revise it a few times for the final product... just wanted to see how the final picture would look like.
    I've attached it again, the previous attachment had a nasty bug...

Greetings
    Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by robert83; 01-01-2013 at 11:52 PM.