Thread: Space Shooter Game Editor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello,

thank you, I've modified myself the Asphyre eXtreme source I use, since dxbase.pas conflicted with devExpress components I use, attached I give you the modified Asphyre eXtreme sources directory zipped , only changed unit names where needed in order to work along with devExpress.

Maybe I wasn't clear, I do intend to leave alone line by line scrolling for the editor.

I only intend to remove smooth scrolling in both directions, that is not needed only complicates my life, I will be only scrolling one way trough the game world anyway. Will only keep smooth scrolling up. That is what I meant. The finel editor
    should allow me to test the level , so it would look like the real game, enemy ships comming down and shooting at the player , only the player would be not affacted by this . That reminds me, I will also need to specify for example if Layer3 will only include enemy ships and maybe power up's , I will need to specify in which direction and with which speed will they go, how many lives will they have etc...Will need to think this trough , but I think it would be logical and simple if the map data would hold enemy ship type , life, direction data no? (but this is a bit down on the road...)

I'm using Delphi 7 SE , works fine on Windows 7 here.

About the Units I've said, I wanted to seperate em like this, anything related to level loading, drawing etc... will be in unit level for example.
    Everything related to enemies will be in a unit enemies.

Right now I have some programing to finish here for the company I work for, so I'll be back on programing this editor tomorrow hopefully.

EDIT :

meanwhile I've managed to test my editor, on a Duron 1400, SIS661FX_760_741, 512MB ram, Windows XP, got 30 FPS , only thing is in non full screen mode, the screen flickers ... on the Draw surface, but it dissapears in Full Screen mode, this is good. This is quiet a low spec system, Windows XP barelly works on it, not to mention the "GPU".

Greetings
    Robert
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by robert83; 04-01-2013 at 06:41 PM.