Thread: A PGD Challenge without Scoring and Judges?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have an idea about a separate contest we could do on pgd. some of you may have heard of igdc.ru, it's a fairly successful russian game development competition website and there is always at least one contest every month. what I could do is translate and post the next igdc competition here. when it's finished we could compare the results of both websites and if anyone makes an entry here they could participate in the voting process. how does that sound?

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Well the AI bot ideas is something to consider for a future event I guess. Of course if someone wanted to co-ordinate, run and organize a separate PGD event such as an AI competition with it's own "arena" platform to run it on that could be something that could be discussed. Why not create a separate thread to see what level of interest there is? The community could support more than 1 type of event if there is enough people willing to participate.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    So for a "game jam" style of challenge for the next PGD Challenge event, show of hands who would be in for that? And when is a good time?
    My hand's up!

Can you wait until I upgrade my website? At least until I have a blog so I can use it. Two weeks. Yes, that should be enough. Thanks.
    No signature provided yet.