Quote Originally Posted by TheLion
Maybe a silly question on my part, but why are you using CSS 2 ?
Simple: I got *really* annoyed with my site recently. I intended to fiddle with the design a bit, changing the table layout. It worked fine under Mozilla. I had to hack it a little to get IE6 to display it fine. I then checked it under IE5 the next day and saw that it looked like a complete mess... so I wrote some javascript to give the old design layout to IE5. Once all that had been done, I noticed a little glitch had been introduced at the bottom of the page under Mozilla! GRR!

Next, I tried to write a little javascipt to show/hide some stuff in the sidebar. This worked fine under IE5 + 6 but left ugly artifacts under Mozilla. I then wrote some javascript to only do the show/hide under IE.

At this point, I said AAAAARRRRRGGHH!

Browsers really annoy me. I decided to write a latest-tech page and *let the browsers catch up* rather than using any ugly hacks. To be frank, if I have to write another hack then *someone will get hurt.*

CSS2 selectors are cool. Also, it has features for media, meaning it should be much easier to make the tutorials printer-friendly (I've not done that yet since the tutorials haven't been uploaded).

I really don't mind if only Mozilla users get to see the new design. It would be a nice bonus if it displays under Opera, though I don't expect it to.

Besides, I just felt like a redesign. That's reason enough.