Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Opera?

Anyone using Opera?

Quote Originally Posted by ARosendal
    I checked your site again and it looks much better now.

I even downloaded mozilla to see what the difference would be, but it all looks the same to me now.
    The main difference is the sidebar, which behaves correctly when scrolled (i.e., it doesn't move at all). Scroll the ]I'm curious, the majority still uses internet explorer. With NS as a good second. Why would you not make your browsers compliant with that browser first?[/quote]
    IE isn't compliant with standards (though it's getting better). If I have a choice between creating a compliant page against a standard or a compliant page against a browser, I'll choose the standard and say "tough luck" to those with bad browsers. After all, it's not as if the other users don't get to see a page - they'll be shown the old, using-tables-for-layout version.

Btw, the margin thing you noted is because IE5's box model is broken (yes, I'm using that word a lot today). IE6 gets it right except for some pages with a certain XML doctype, where it reverts to the old, wrong box model of IE5.

As I said before, the new design is a bonus for those with compliant browers. Nothing more.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

Anyone using Opera?

Plain HTML rules!

Sorry, that's the old school in me coming out.

Anyone using Opera?

I mainly use Opera at home, so I'll probably look this evening.
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

Anyone using Opera?

Quote Originally Posted by Useless Hacker
    I mainly use Opera at home, so I'll probably look this evening.
    Cheers! I need to know if it displays correctly before bunging more stuff up there...
    <br />-- Aristotle

Theme or name?

I too have been quite busy working on my new website the last couple of weeks and while placing the links today, I was wondering. do you have a name or theme for your website? Or is it simply Alistair Keys' website?

Anyone using Opera?

"Alistair's World" or "Alistair Keys' World" will do fine. I don't mind very much what it's called as long as it's not too insulting, such as some muppet says stupid things on this site

Am I right in calling your site "A Gameprogrammer's Journey"? (Btw, just noticed that your site has a lovely new design too! Blimey, everyone's at it :!
    <br />-- Aristotle

Anyone using Opera?

Alistair Keys' World it is

Btw, just noticed that your site has a lovely new design too!
    Thanks
    It's still far from ready I'm afraid, it's taking far more time than expected HTML is one thing, wait till you see php

Anyway's, you're correct about the name. Though I would like to see another description if that's ok. Because the tutorial isn't exactly the first game I wrote in DelphiX.

"A website about the journey of Delphi Gameprogrammer", something like that, would fit the description better.
    [/quote][/code]

Anyone using Opera?

How about "A Delphi Gameprogrammer's Odyssey"? It's shorter, slightly more pretentious and it fits the bill nicely:

entries found for odyssey.
    odA¬?ysA¬?sey ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-s)
    n. pl. odA¬?ysA¬?seys

An extended adventurous voyage or trip.
    An intellectual or spiritual quest: an odyssey of discovery
    Yes/no?
    <br />-- Aristotle

Anyone using Opera?

Damn you're good :shock:

It would mean a few changes is design, but nothing I can't handle.

Though, I do think I'll leave 'Delphi' out. I think it sounds better that way, don't you think?

Anyone using Opera?

Excellent. Now, if I can just get Slashdot renamed to "Dirty Penguin Huggers Anonymous" then my work will be finished...
    <br />-- Aristotle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast