Thread: Your message has been entered successfully

Your message has been entered successfully

Every other phpBB-based forum that I have used has a timeout on the 'Your message has been entered successfully' page that automatically redirects to the message that was just posted after about five seconds. I noticed that this forum does not do that. Is this a setting in the phpBB software somewhere?'

Blog Entries

There is an issue with some of the PHP script. You'll notice the 'Could not open' text too. I'm going to try to work these out over the next couple of weeks. Just hang in there till then. It'll get fixed eventually. I have a lot of work cut out for me at the moment.

Cheers!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Perhaps we could have an option to send the user directly back to the thread view if the posting was successful, since it seems a bit redundant?
    [size=10px][ Join us in #pgd on irc.freenode.net ] [ Sign the Petition for a Software Patent Free Europe ][/size]

Blog Entries

Hmm... yeah... I'd have to take a look into the actual phpBB code, but it is possible.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I know this will probably sound strange, but I think this problem may be caused by having a spurious carriage return on the last line of some .php files and or include files. That is what caused the blank space at the top problem when we first went live, and I think that it may also be responsible for this problem as well, though I have not had the time to prove it.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-