Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: voxel game

Nice!
    One question thou:
    Do you use increased weight values when units are moving uphil?
    If you take a look at first units path you see that somwhere in the middle of the map units path goes upwards on the hill and then even backway a litle.
    Now this could be caused by lack of increased weight when going uphil since destination was much higher (heuristic estimate distance of those bocks to goal was actually closer) or some error in pathfinding algorithm implementation (wrong node selected for moving forward).

work in progress currently they are following the path in x,z axes and float over the block beneath. nothing stops unit from climbing vertical walls or plotting path in which it wouldn't fit. yet

Reminds me about Vox.

added water & atmosphere simulation

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Lovely Jubbley! You're definitely onto a winner thinking game rather than engine, fast progress!
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

thanks I spent most of free time on it

Will you release this engine? We lack good voxel engines that are free to use, especially for Pascal. Anyway, will you do marching cubes rendering (variant of the algorithm that support sharp edges)? I think it would look cool then, especially for water voxels. Also, could test, if your engine could support world of current size but with voxels that are 1/4 of current voxels in size?

That looks really good mate! Can't wait to try it

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    Will you release this engine? We lack good voxel engines that are free to use, especially for Pascal. Anyway, will you do marching cubes rendering (variant of the algorithm that support sharp edges)? I think it would look cool then, especially for water voxels. Also, could test, if your engine could support world of current size but with voxels that are 1/4 of current voxels in size?
    For same reason I wanted to make a voxel engine to make games in but at some point I realized that I can either spent few years making it abstract, universal and optimized or just make a game right away, probalbly in less time than that so not's gonna be an engine. No marching cubes, for now no animated models, just flat sprites. And current cube size is pretty well thought for what I need

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast