Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brave New World

Brave New World

Hello all

I just thought I would introduce our project in here as it was also mentioned in the news section on the site.

The short intro is:

BNW-Project. (Brave New World)
    Open source Game development.
    The project is primarily developed in Delphi and OpenGL.
    The game is real time strategy, allowing a number of players to build and develop countries in a world where people's beliefs govern what is possible.
    If people believe in a certain myth or creature, these become a real part of the game world.
    The game aims to remove itself from the typical total out warfare by introducing the concept of influence on map-tiles instead.

We are currently looking for people to join the project.

http://bnw.sourceforge.net

We are really just getting started as the project has been too small to really get off the ground earlier. However, it does mena that a lot of the concept is in place and a lot of ideas has been generated and we are now moving onto creating something from it all.
    It is very much a project intended as a learning process for us all, so its not so much speed that is the essence as the opportunity to learn something and perhaps help others learn something as well.

At the current stage the project is changing over from Danish to English as the main language, and the Design document is being formulated in detail. An early version of a map-editor has also been created but will most likely undergo some reconstruction as we move on to use an existing graphics engine:

Anyway - hope to be able to keep you posted on our progress, and if anyone are interested in joing - have a look at our site or drop me a PM
    Mostly just graphics :-)
    <br />www.overchord.net

Brave New World

Have you put together a Design Document?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Brave New World

Welcome to PGD, overchord!

I hope your project starts taking off! RTS games are one of my favorite genre so I'll be sure to be checking this out as it gets developed.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Brave New World

@savage : Yes - partly. Due to the recent language change, the bulk of the design document is still in Danish, but it is something that I will be working on translating over the next couple of weeks. There are still a couple of chapters outstanding in detailed terms, but the broad concept lines have been laid down, and approximately 60% is written in detail at this stage.

@WILL: Thank you. And also thnak you for your mention here on the site. It is nice to see our langauge change paying off straight away and that there are other people that find the idea interesting :-)
    An alpha build is still pretty far away, we are rather short of programmers and artists at the moment, but we have already gained a couple of new members since the end of December.

I hope to keep you all posted from time to time on our progress :-)
    <br />www.overchord.net

Small Update

Hi all

Just a small update on the status of BNW. After a lot of faffing about - loosing programmers, gaining new ones etc we decided to drop the original plan of writing the OpenGL code from scratch. So we are now implemeting GLScene instead. This is a minor step backwards intially as we are rebuilding the mapeditor to take advantage of some of the neat features that comes with GLScene.
    We are also starting to get a couple of graphics guys working on the project initially making some plants to populate the map a bit and allow the programmers to get their feet wet with relatively simple objects
    The design document is translating but are still being developed althoug the foundation is there to start on on the core of the game now.

Anyway - just a small "We are still alive" post
    <br />www.overchord.net

Brave New World

Hi, yes we are alive and well. I am actually doing some smoothing on our new Map Editor as we speak.

Hi from Anarki

Brave New World

Hello all

We're pleased to announce that our team has finally released map editor 2.0b. There are many new features including new GUI and save/load system.

Here's a link to download it http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/b...p.exe?download

And here's the screenshot http://bnw.sourceforge.net/MapEditor2b.jpg

If you find any bugs just post here or in sourceforge bugtracker.

Brave New World

is this the gex project from udvikleren.dk?
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Brave New World

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware
    is this the gex project from udvikleren.dk?
    Yes it is .. We have finally got some work done

<br />
    <br />My site: http://laslego.frac.dk

Brave New World

i'm very happy to see that you changed to delphi maaybe i'll eventually rejoin the group then

hva.. why did you change from c++?
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast