Before i start reinventing the wheel again, time to ask if anyone has done Tileset generator yet, or know of such existence? I didn't find any with Google at least. Idea is roughly:
- Have basic tiles unrotated, just 1 image of each type such as stone, dirt, metal, iron brick etc.
- Make some settings for each of them.
=> Click of a Generate button we have full tileset and its data ready to be saved in files (texture and data separate, so final touches can be made to texture by hand). By full tileset i mean that there can be different blends between blocks, corners, straights and so on.

I suppose the tool would have second operating mode for creating a map with any previously saved tileset. I have a game project in mind which will not need any static map though, just the tileset data. It will randomize the map, for sidescroller type world. But i can imagine there being projects which would find world editing useful.

Now if i start making this, i would likely make sort of standalone header file for this, with class that anyone would be able to integrate into their pascal projects. It could be published along nxPascal, but i'd use none of its units. The class could give texture coordinates possibly but not actually render anything. That's programmers job.