Quote Originally Posted by M109uk
Thanx {MSX}, il give it a go
Iv been messing around with the code, i sort of managed to get it to go round the actor, except for of an oval shape :?
Umm i suggest you to get the camera (and the basic 3d system as a whole) working perfecly as you expect, becouse it will have a huge impact on the rest of the program. If something doesn't work as expected, and even if something works but you don't know how, you'll better fix it.

What tecnique did you used to get the actual "oval" system ?

Im using the registry as a temporary store for the settings, i will be using an encrypted config file at some point when i have finished the routines.

My app is more of a Shell replacement for windows, simply put, the user can explore their system in 3D with customizable themes, with support for 3D websites (similar to VRML, but with more modern game feel) will also include plugin games and apps to run with in the environment. kinda a brief description if it makes any sense :roll:
Ah, a nice project.

At some point i hope to add support for linux but i have no idea where to start to get system information and file information with linux :? also with internet support :?
If you have any idea where or how i can do this it will be great!?
First, if you plan to use DirectX, change your plans Use SDL and OpenGL instead (see JEDI-SDL).
About the file information, the best thing is to use delphi functions, like findFirst and findNext function, that are possibly cross-platform.

Anyway the project you're working is more system-dependant than a game.. you'll have hard work on porting it on linux