today i was ment to be working all day on a project of mine. well it started good then it went really bad, really fast.

basicly what im trying to do is create a component (inherited from TPanel) for opengl work (please download here)

when the component is created, i also setup the opengl rendering, please download the component and test app (made by TheLion in delphi 6) to see.

with that code, my delphi ( 7 ) either causes an infinate loop of access violations, terminates without error, or compiles and installs.

i CAN compile and run the test app (made by TheLion) without error. but when i try add a second TOpenGLPanel to the form i get a "Control '' has no parent" (or something like that).

delphi crashed so many times today, its now at the top of my most used application list in the start menu

i think i know what line is the problem, in uOpenGL.pas - Create - DC := GetDC(TWinControl(AOwner).Handle);

with that code, i normally crash delphi, but with this code DC := GetDC(Handle); i get the error when i add it to the form

if i use handle 0, no access violation, no error when adding to the form, but no opengl rendering