Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDL 2.0 Headers for [Object] Pascal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imcold View Post
    There are pascal headers for development version of SDL in HedgeWars and TURBU
    Hedgewars were written with FPC? Interesting...

Anyway, I hope you'll get it working. While I don't like SDL for reasons stated on this site many times, others like it and more choices is always welcomed!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    Hedgewars were written with FPC? Interesting...
    They are (with a tiny commit by yours truly); it's my favourite fpc game. Except the GUI, that's C++ and Qt, and server, that was Haskell iirc.

@Murmandamus You make headers only for FPC or you make it compatible with DelphiXE4 ?
    I'm change my Delphi DirectX games to SDL1.2 and I like port it to SDL2.0 with DelphiXE4

www.kotai.es
    www.remakesonline.com -> Nemesis Online & Bubble Bobble Online & Castlevania Online & Penguin Adventure Online
    www.miniracingonline.com

Here my also-SDL20-staticlink-capable SDL 2.0 (and SDL 1.2 hybrid per IFDEF) headers, which I've made in early 2012 for my c64 emulator Micro64 ( http://www.micro64.de ) on base of the old SDL 1.2 headers: http://rootserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/sdl.pas
    Last edited by BeRo; 17-07-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeRo View Post
    Here my also-SDL20-staticlink-capable SDL 2.0 (and SDL 1.2 hybrid per IFDEF) headers, which I've made in early 2012 for my c64 emulator Micro64 ( http://www.micro64.de ) on base of the old SDL 1.2 headers: http://rootserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/sdl.pas
    Hey thanks, but why is SDL_BLITSURFACE commented out? There seems also no SDL_LOADBMP in SDL2.0? Is this not available anymore or just missing in your header?
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    Hey thanks, but why is SDL_BLITSURFACE commented out? There seems also no SDL_LOADBMP in SDL2.0? Is this not available anymore or just missing in your header?
    SDL_BLITSURFACE = SDL_UPPERBLIT;

But SDL_LOADBMP is there. (I have translated it in my header)

Hm, I got:
    Target OS: Win32 for i386
    Compiling sdl2test.pas
    Compiling sdl.pas
    sdl2test.pas(14,21) Error: Identifier not found "SDL_LOADBMP"
    sdl2test.pas(59) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
    Fatal: Compilation aborted
    Also a text research shows SDL_LOADBMP in the 1.2 part.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    Hm, I got:

Also a text research shows SDL_LOADBMP in the 1.2 part.
    Well, try with my headers, it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by kotai View Post
    @Murmandamus You make headers only for FPC or you make it compatible with DelphiXE4 ?
    I'm change my Delphi DirectX games to SDL1.2 and I like port it to SDL2.0 with DelphiXE4

Unfortunately, I don't have Delphi, and I am using a few FPC-specific extensions, though I am considering adding a "standard" version with conditionals during the cleanup phase that will probably be Delphi-compatible; I just have no way to test it. Once I publish it all, if someone wants to do that testing and any additional cleanup for Delphi, I'll be happy to merge those changes, or they can fork it and maintain a Delphi-compatible version, either way.

@End I use your headers and work OK in DelphiXE4 (I add it to sdl.inc) with WIN32 and WIN64 but not with OSX ("uses windows" error).
    I change:
    Code:
    {$IFDEF Delphi}
         {$DEFINE Windows}
    for:

Code:
    {$IFDEF Delphi}
      {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
         {$DEFINE Windows}
      {$ENDIF} 
    but is not enough for compile sdl.pas in OSX.
    You plan to make it compatible with DelphiXE4 and OSX ?

I use last SDL2.dll download from libsdl.org (I change in sdl.pas SDL_LibName = 'SDL2.dll') and work fine. Not need use SDL2_x86.dll and SDL2_x86_x64.dll

You plan to make headers for SDL2_mixer ?
    I convert SDL2_image, SDL2_net and SDL2_ttf from jedi-sdl and work OK, but SDL2_mixer not work .
    SDL2_mixer generate an access violation in function Mix_LoadWAV_RW of SDL2_mixer.dll (same function in SDL_mixer.dll of SDL1.2 work ok)

In SDL2 not exist SDL_CreateThread and SDL_KillThread ? My games use SDL_Thread and I need to upgrade to SDL2

Kotai.
    www.kotai.es
    www.remakesonline.com -> Nemesis Online & Bubble Bobble Online & Castlevania Online & Penguin Adventure Online
    www.miniracingonline.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast