Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
I'm sure you'll find them to be the best ones for the job. I recall Sascha Willems practically scolding Embarcadero on theirs and suggesting the use and inclusion of the DGL headers in future releases of Delphi instead.
Yeah, I had them downloaded from a while back. Just needed to get an updated copy.

OpenGL is a bit of a monster though and I think it would be more of a benefit to let someone else fight that battle. Especially when it's already been fought. It might be a good idea to take on one API/framework at a time anyhow.
Well, it's not a monster because of complexity.. they are just header files. A bunch of function prototypes, some structs/unions, and a cubic arseload of constant #defines. It is just the sheer amount of them that is daunting. The DGL translation adds a few helper functions for loading function pointers and such, and weighs in at around 20k lines. I need to do some comparison checking to the SDL_opengl source file to make sure it is more or less the same, which I think it is.

Now if the DGL community starts dropping the ball then that's a whole new bag of worms and I'd say go for it.
The only problem I have with DGL (and it is my problem, not theirs) is that I don't speak/read German. Fortunately, the dglOpenGL.pas unit is in English, but little on their wiki is translated. That, or I am having trouble finding the translated pages, even after appending the standard /en for English pages in wikimedia. Google translate works to a degree, but isn't very good for technical articles.

Anyway.. I am almost done with the raw conversion. Have to do a more intensive functional cleanup pass, then a logic verification pass, and then a "feed it to the compiler and see what happens" set of passes. After that comes the fun part... testing.