Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: SDL 2.0 Headers for [Object] Pascal?

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Yes, today I'll translate sdl_timer => SDL_DELAY.
    Well, this was fast. SDL_Timer.h is translated, so you can access now SDL_Delay and the other Time-Functions.

Blog Entries
    Wow this effort is moving really fast. Nice work guys!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Just a quick update on my translation..

I completed the first pass, and have been doing some cleanup.. some of the initial assumptions I was working with when I started changed as I slogged through each header file, so I have to go back and harmonize those changes in the earlier conversions.

Hopefully, I will have enough time to get it completed and start testing in the next couple of weeks; have had a spot of planned IT consulting work which is adding a bit of delay, but I will get it done ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by kotai View Post
    @Murmandamus You make headers only for FPC or you make it compatible with DelphiXE4 ?
    I'm change my Delphi DirectX games to SDL1.2 and I like port it to SDL2.0 with DelphiXE4

Unfortunately, I don't have Delphi, and I am using a few FPC-specific extensions, though I am considering adding a "standard" version with conditionals during the cleanup phase that will probably be Delphi-compatible; I just have no way to test it. Once I publish it all, if someone wants to do that testing and any additional cleanup for Delphi, I'll be happy to merge those changes, or they can fork it and maintain a Delphi-compatible version, either way.

@End I use your headers and work OK in DelphiXE4 (I add it to sdl.inc) with WIN32 and WIN64 but not with OSX ("uses windows" error).
    I change:
    Code:
    {$IFDEF Delphi}
         {$DEFINE Windows}
    for:

Code:
    {$IFDEF Delphi}
      {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
         {$DEFINE Windows}
      {$ENDIF} 
    but is not enough for compile sdl.pas in OSX.
    You plan to make it compatible with DelphiXE4 and OSX ?

I use last SDL2.dll download from libsdl.org (I change in sdl.pas SDL_LibName = 'SDL2.dll') and work fine. Not need use SDL2_x86.dll and SDL2_x86_x64.dll

You plan to make headers for SDL2_mixer ?
    I convert SDL2_image, SDL2_net and SDL2_ttf from jedi-sdl and work OK, but SDL2_mixer not work .
    SDL2_mixer generate an access violation in function Mix_LoadWAV_RW of SDL2_mixer.dll (same function in SDL_mixer.dll of SDL1.2 work ok)

In SDL2 not exist SDL_CreateThread and SDL_KillThread ? My games use SDL_Thread and I need to upgrade to SDL2

Kotai.
    www.kotai.es
    www.remakesonline.com -> Nemesis Online & Bubble Bobble Online & Castlevania Online & Penguin Adventure Online
    www.miniracingonline.com

Quote Originally Posted by kotai View Post
    @End I use your headers and work OK in DelphiXE4 (I add it to sdl.inc) with WIN32 and WIN64 but not with OSX ("uses windows" error).
    I change:
    Code:
    {$IFDEF Delphi}
         {$DEFINE Windows}
    for:

Code:
    {$IFDEF Delphi}
      {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
         {$DEFINE Windows}
      {$ENDIF} 
    but is not enough for compile sdl.pas in OSX.
    You plan to make it compatible with DelphiXE4 and OSX ?

I use last SDL2.dll download from libsdl.org (I change in sdl.pas SDL_LibName = 'SDL2.dll') and work fine. Not need use SDL2_x86.dll and SDL2_x86_x64.dll

You plan to make headers for SDL2_mixer ?
    I convert SDL2_image, SDL2_net and SDL2_ttf from jedi-sdl and work OK, but SDL2_mixer not work .
    SDL2_mixer generate an access violation in function Mix_LoadWAV_RW of SDL2_mixer.dll (same function in SDL_mixer.dll of SDL1.2 work ok)

In SDL2 not exist SDL_CreateThread and SDL_KillThread ? My games use SDL_Thread and I need to upgrade to SDL2

Kotai.
    I've corrected the first mistake, XE4 should be supported now, thanks.

unfortunately i don't own any OSX Version, but i want to support it of course. May you send me your compiler output? Maybe you have to compile the libraries yourself on OSX, cause there was in the RC an bug...

I don't know when I translate the other SDL-Libs, but I'll do that if I finished the main SDL-Lib.

I've translated already Thread (see in the branch "thread") but i don't get it working on 32 Bit... it works only in 64 Bit :/

On 32 Bit I get an Access Violation, maybe is sth. wrong with the pointer sizes, i'm working on this...

Greetings

P.S.
    And this _x86.dll Endings:

I've done this, cause i'm using many compilers, 32 and 64 Bit and I was tired of changing the Libnames

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I've translated already Thread (see in the branch "thread") but i don't get it working on 32 Bit... it works only in 64 Bit :/

On 32 Bit I get an Access Violation, maybe is sth. wrong with the pointer sizes, i'm working on this...
    Make sure yoiu have both 32 bit and 64 bit verson of every dynamic link libraries (dll's) that your library depends upon.
    32 bit programs can only use 32 bit dynamic link libraries, 64 bit programs can only use 64 bit libraries.

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    I started a SDL 2.x header translation a few years ago (stopped as at the time there were license issues, the API was changing a lot) and would be willing to put some work into this if needed.

I'm surprised to learn that they've got multi-window support covering OpenGL, I will have to look thru the code and see what threading setups they allow, I'm guessing they only support a single thread for all GL windows due to Linux + OSX context sharing abstraction. Tricky on Cocoa in general as well! I disabled multi-window support in my framework as the design required to handle per window thread setups with seperate GL contexts made things very messy, requiring a whole layer of abstraction and another set of concurrency wrappers to upload and track data across multiple contexts.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Sorry, I see reply today.

This is my SDL2 for Delphi XE4: http://www.remakesonline.com/descargas/SDL2.zip
    It include:
    Code:
    sdl2.inc
    SDL2.pas
    SDL2_Image.pas
    SDL2_Mixer.pas
    SDL2_Net.pas
    SDL2_Ttf.pas
    All tested and working in Win32 and Win64 (not in OSX )

This is a example of SDL2 and SDL2_Image for Win32, Win64 and OSX(not work ok): http://www.remakesonline.com/descargas/EjemploSDL2.zip

Kotai.
    Last edited by kotai; 29-07-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    www.kotai.es
    www.remakesonline.com -> Nemesis Online & Bubble Bobble Online & Castlevania Online & Penguin Adventure Online
    www.miniracingonline.com

I released now the thread-part. It works on Win32 and Win64.

@kotai:

May you send me the Errorlog for OSX? (for a sample working with Windows)

I'll translate sdl_image, if i get the time in the next days.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast