That said, if you are stuck on free only, then Lazarus is probably your best bet, but if you are really serious about making $$$ with your games Oxygene may be the great new way to go.
I think I must take issue with this statement. The implication that "free only" Lazarus/FPC is somehow for those not "really serious about making $$$ with your games" is a bit ridiculous. I can tell you we're quite serious about making money with our games, and we're quite happy with our decision to stick with Lazarus/FPC development. We understood from the beginning that it will need some additional work, including porting/writing some APIs and tools to bolster the weak areas of the language and platform, but the cool thing is, we can do that; we have the source, Luke! Plus, anything we do that applies to the platform generally, we can contribute back to it, making the baseline that much better.

As a result, I think one has to be a bit careful before dismissing something out-of-hand. Maybe your preferred platform-of-choice is truly wonderful, but I don't think it is fair to dismiss another in order to support your own, and especially dismiss other people who choose a different route. It starts to smack of fanboi-ism -- the overly-fanatical kind -- and really doesn't help anyone.