Sorry for me also going a bit offtopic but I personally think that mobile phines and tablets won't destroy or overcome desktop and notebok market for quite some time.

About the results from a survey which has been made recently about different computer devices:
Survey had only been taking into acount the number of sold devices but didn't take into account the average lifspan for each device. So if you have two different devices where average lifespan of one is 2 years (mobile phones, tablets) and a lifespan of other device is 5 years (desktop computers, laptops) greater sales of first one doesn't necessariely mean that now more pepole is using it.
Also you have to take into acount that recent rise in sales of SmartPhones is becouse currently on mobile phone market you can either buy Smartphone with tons of various fetures most pepole don't even use and so caled "classic" mobile phone which mosty supports only making cals and sending SMS messages. There is almost no midle choice where mobile phones would be like some older mobile phones as Noki 5320 Express Music for instance. So many pepole say "OK I'll go and buy smartphone, maybe I could make use of some of its features" even when they actually don't belive this themself.

As for programing for various mobile devices I belive that more important thing than the tool you use is the way you program. And yes I'm talking about optimization here!
When you are programing for desktop computers you can easily forget about optimizatio since tremendous power of desktop computers alows you to runn even porly or abolutely no optimized programs with ease. But when you start programing for mobiles you no longer have this tremendous power which forces you to actually make well optimized code.
And since most programers still takes into account sentance "No optimization is best optimization!" they are having huge problems when they are trying to develop programs vor various mobile devices.
I still remember the time when game The Ur'guan Masters (remake of Star Controll 2) was in development and one of developers wrote news report saying something like this: "Even now we have full source code of Star Controll 2 porting that code into our game is extremly hard as the original code is so darn optimized that we barely understand what which part of the code actuall does".

So yes with emerging of mobile devices we programers will need to learn how to write optimized code once again and so would programming tool developers.