View Poll Results: What tools are you currently using to write your games with?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Delphi

13 37.14%
  • Free Pascal

18 51.43%
  • Lazarus

19 54.29%
  • Delphi Prism / Oxygene for .NET

0 0%
  • Oxygene for Java

3 8.57%
  • Oxygene for Mac/iOS (Nougat Beta)

0 0%
  • Smart Mobile Studio

2 5.71%
  • Other (Tell us please...)

6 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What tools are you currently using to makes games with these days? - 2013

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Phibermon, I know that some people are often resistant to change, but mobile devices are the current trend. For instance, my partner has got Samsung tablet, connected USB hub, then keyboard and mouse - you get desktop experience. Just imagine, you go to work, take your powerful quad-core mobile device, connect it to display and have your own PC whenever you go. The hardware on these mobiles is becoming ridiculously powerful. My wife, for instance, for finances and other stuff, uses iPad exclusively - her laptop haven't been turned on for months now. As soon as I get Office and development tools on a mobile, I'm going to switch completely too.

Yes, I got insanely powerful desktop, which I use for work, but I wouldn't mind connecting some powerful phone to my two monitors, keyboard and mouse. I've already been using my Macbook Air, which was very comfortable to bring on the plane and is pretty light, yet has Ivy Bridge Core i7 on it. If they could fit that thing into a smaller phone - that would be great.

I don't think desktops are going to disappear, but I do think their market share will continue to shrink, same as with laptops. Whether I'm wrong or not - we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
    It supports tons more platforms than delphi does, including the 64bit power-pc architecture on the PS3.
    There is a popular saying: Jack of all trades, master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
    And don't forget that if you're compiling your apps for IOS with delphi, guess what? it's using a custom version of FPC to compile for ARM!
    Delphi in Mobile Studio is not using FPC.
    Last edited by LP; 02-03-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: fixed url :-/