I've tried your game. Its already quite good!

Some things I noticed.
At first I thought shooting wasn't working for me, because nothing seem to happen. It was only after pressing Tab (and after racing 3 games) that I could. For me as a player this seemed very unclear. I understand I have to lock on to a ship first, but you could somehow make it a bit more clear? Also I would make a primary fire modus, which always shoots straight ahead (and doesn't need a lock) and a secondary that does.

About the secondary (or primary, I'm not sure) the one with the torpedos, is it heat seeking or something? Cause I missed my second shot, but saw it fly by several times, its either that or it's somehow influenced by the controls. In any case, its a bit odd.

Your check for cheating is a bit incorrect. I understand you need to punish a player when he's taking a shortcut. However, what does surprise me is that I'm also getting punished for crossing the line on the outside of the turn.

Personally I like Startrek a lot, so I don't mind seeing Startrek themed games. However, I think I'm not too far off when I say that not everyone is going to think the same about that. Perhaps you'd be saver with a bit less 'famous' shipdesigns, which btw are very nicely done!

Thats all for now.

Looking forward to future versions!