Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lightspeed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightspeed

I haven't managed to get it work. There's no .log generated during error. Altough Half-life 2 and many other game works perfectly on my machine. So, I don't think it's my machine which causes this.

- In a world without the wall and fences, who will need the Gates and Windows.

Lightspeed

Quote Originally Posted by FusionWolf
    I haven't managed to get it work. There's no .log generated during error. Altough Half-life 2 and many other game works perfectly on my machine. So, I don't think it's my machine which causes this.
    Logically, problem *lies* in your machine, beacuse in most of cases Lightspeed runs properly. "Half-life 2 runs perfectly"-like argumentation is irrelevant.
    But this is not substantial. Truly, I really have no idea what caused your problem. My game needs barely half of memory which Half-life needs (approximately, of course ). Maybe you should try to run game in some compatibility mode.

Lightspeed

That phrase results in 759 results in google. I've yet to find page with a working solution though. Some sites mention it could be a virus, but I don't think that's the case here. Others see the problem resolved simply by renstalling the software. Checking available diskspace, and that used by the swapfile may be of some help.

Other than that, I really don't know.

FYI I've checked the mem usage, it's about 30mb, which is really not that much.

EDIT: Nevermind the mem usage check, I realized that it wasn't the game that caused the problem but the installer.
    However, adding this info to Google, resulted in quite a few pages with similar reports of bad installers. It might be worth checking out, if this installer is causing these problems as well.

Lightspeed

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Task Manager shows that game uses cca 60 MB of memory.

Nevermind the mem usage check, I realized that it wasn't the game that caused the problem but the installer.
    However, adding this info to Google, resulted in quite a few pages with similar reports of bad installers. It might be worth checking out, if this installer is causing these problems as well.
    I have never had a problem with NSIS, but FusionWolf should download this exe file, replace the original one and try to run the game again.

Lightspeed

That error is caused by a corrupted executable (or infected) i'm 95% sure )
    The future must be... Fast and OpenSource so...
    <br />Think Open and Lightning Fast!

Lightspeed

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    That error is caused by a corrupted executable (or infected) i'm 95% sure )
    So, did you try to download a new exe file?

Lightspeed

Nice game
    It runs smoothly around 100fps at game time and way over 200 at menus. P900, Radeon 9200, 384 SDRAM.

Make there tighter turns... It was currently competition of who has better driving line and top speed, the only speed during drive...

Lightspeed

Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    Task Manager shows that game uses cca 60 MB of memory.

Nevermind the mem usage check, I realized that it wasn't the game that caused the problem but the installer.
    I have never had a problem with NSIS, but FusionWolf should download this exe file, replace the original one and try to run the game again.
    What the heck I'm doing with the .exe file coz' I don't get it unpack from the first place (or is that 4MB lightspeed.exe your game executable?!?)?

edit: I think that this problem origins to some sort of run out of enviromental variable space in Windows. Like DOS had that c:\command.com /e:512.

edit2: And no infection. That's for sure.
    - In a world without the wall and fences, who will need the Gates and Windows.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123