View Poll Results: What version of FreePascal compiler you are using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.0.10 - as a latest stable version

1 5.26%
  • Earlier beta's of 2.0 version (1.9.2 - 1.9.5)

1 5.26%
  • Current release candidate of 2.0 version - 1.9.6

10 52.63%
  • Latest available snapshot (currently it's 1.9.7 from 27-Jan-2005)

0 0%
  • I'm downloading FPC source from CVS and build most up to date version by myself

1 5.26%
  • I'm using one that came with Lazarus download from http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/

5 26.32%
  • I'm using one that came with Lazarus download from cvs.sourceforge.org (1.9.6)

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What version of FreePascal compiler you are using?

What version of FreePascal compiler you are using?

Well, I would like to know how ofter people update their FPC compiler. FPC is constantly evolving and at least mine development was blocked by some bugs in different compiler versions removed or introduced in next releases. I still have issues with latest snapshot of 1.9.7, but thanks to FPC team major bugs are fixed quick enought (at least if you provide working patch to FPC core team ).
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

My bandwidth even at work is too slow to download very often so I try to get a stable release of a product and use it ntil the next stable release comes out.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Quote Originally Posted by cairnswm
    My bandwidth even at work is too slow to download very often so I try to get a stable release of a product and use it ntil the next stable release comes out.
    Hmm, that was the reason why I started tracking CVS, which is obviously also the option that gets my vote.

:twisted:

At the moment CVS building however is broken. Building from 1.9.6 or a recent 1.9.7 works, but from 1.0.10 seems to fail (and that is the recommended way)

I need Lazarus to work so i don't get into problems using the FPC CVS, however i use CVS with Lazarus and keep Lazarus up-to-date.
    This way (using a "recommended" FPC version) and the CVS version of Lazarus i don't get into huge bugs.
    This is my way of having a stable environment
    Didn't you guys read on the Lazarus list that 1.9.7 is buggy ?
    The future must be... Fast and OpenSource so...
    <br />Think Open and Lightning Fast!

I'm not tracking any Lazarus lists but the bugs I've discovered in initial 1.9.7 snapshot are already fixed in yesterday 1.9.7 snapshot. And it's fixed some bugs in 1.9.6 release
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Clootie
    I'm not tracking any Lazarus lists but the bugs I've discovered in initial 1.9.7 snapshot are already fixed in yesterday 1.9.7 snapshot. And it's fixed some bugs in 1.9.6 release
    Nobody said it isn't allowed to have multiple versions around. I've 1.0.10, 1.9.6 and 1.9.7 installed, and sometimes also "last stable 1.9.7" (stable for some purpose, like known to work with lazarus, if I'm using it)

I think it's nice that we have more than ten votes..
    Considering the number of abitual user of the forum, there is a great percentage that is using FPC instead or aside Delphi.
    Probably another pool like "Are you using: FPC, Delphi/Kylix, Both" would be nice

Btw i almost completely switched to FPC lately.. I't more than a month that i don't open Kylix..
    If you save your data in a proprietary format, the owner of the format owns your data.
    <br /><A href="http://msx80.blogspot.com">http://msx80.blogspot.com</A>

I recently reinstalled 1.9.6, and started back into it again.

Anyone know how to load images in FPC using GL? No SDL, as I don't want to be bound by it ... but FPC lacks a "graphics" unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek

Anyone know how to load images in FPC using GL? No SDL, as I don't want to be bound by it ... but FPC lacks a "graphics" unit.
    Just grap a header type somewhere on the net. if you're talking about bmp's then i bet fpc has a windows unit which contains the bmp header

i don't use "graphics" to load images to opengl.. :?
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek

Just grap a header type somewhere on the net. if you're talking about bmp's then i bet fpc has a windows unit which contains the bmp header

i don't use "graphics" to load images to opengl.. :?
    There is a whole images systems called fpimage. Not very performant, but good enough to load graphics.

There also is an OpenGL unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast