Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about sellin games

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    You must have alot of trojans on your computer It doesn't break, and all of the things you mention are configurable. Downloads are games auto-update features which you can disable per game, but are you sure you want to play old version? Popup you mean is propably steam overlay notification, but you can disable the entire overlay. Don't know other popups, took off friend status notifications long ago if such were ever on.
    Maybe you are their target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower View Post
    Maybe you are their target audience.
    Yeah why not. I'm just very puzzled by some comments about it on this thread. I have never heard of such issues with Steam.
    First thing that bothers me about the steam is the fact that all games get instaled into the steam client folder.
    There we have another... Steam lets you choose where you want to install your games, split them all between multiple harddrives if want.

Every problem mentioned here so far has simple answers available, if you just bother to search a little. It is not intrusive software at all if you configure it to your choosing. No unwanted popups, downloading or anything. On era where everybody has broadband internet connections and multicore processors, i really don't find anything to complain about. Some games are really cheap, like 1-2 euros piece on discounts, if games are not completely free to play anyway (some examples MMORPG's Star Trek online, AION, DC Universe). You can't find that anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    Steam lets you choose where you want to install your games, split them all between multiple harddrives if want.
    Would you like to share how you can do this please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12