Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HW acceleration (un)DelphiX

HW acceleration (un)DelphiX

Hallo

Do you have interest in test HW acceleration module for (un)DelphiX ?

First demo program is here http://www.micrel.cz/Dx/delphix.exe.

There is small description:

* FEATURES:
    a) Implement Hardware acceleration for critical function like DrawAlpha {Blend},
    DrawSub and DrawAdd for both way DXIMAGELIST and DIRECTDRAWSURFACE with rotation too.
    b) Automatic adjustement for texture size different 2^n.
    c) Minimum current source code change, all accelerated code added into:
    DXDraw.BeginScene;
    //code here
    DXDraw.EndScene;
    d) DelphiX facade continue using still.

* HOW TO USE
    a) Design code like as DelphiX and drawing routine put into
    DXDraw.BeginScene;
    //code here
    DXDraw.EndScene;
    b) setup options in code or property for turn-on acceleration like
    if NOT (doDirectX7Mode in DXDraw1.Options) Then
    DXDraw1.Options := DXDraw1.Options + [doDirectX7Mode];
    if NOT (doHardware in DXDraw1.Options) then
    DXDraw1.Options := DXDraw1.Options + [doHardware];
    if NOT (do3D in DXDraw1.Options) then
    DXDraw1.Options := DXDraw1.Options + [do3D];
    if doSystemMemory in DXDraw1.Options then
    DXDraw1.Options := DXDraw1.Options - [doSystemMemory];

* KNOWN BUGS:
    1/ On some adapteurs no good shows transparent area when DIRECTDRAWSURFACE is
    called in 16<-32 bit color deepth (16 bitcount typical).
    2/ Functions Fill- and WaveX- are unsupported now.
    When yes, please send me it to undelphixtest@micrel.cz .
    Thank for your time.
    Ijcro.

Hi,

In new version of demo is Fill- and WaveX- supported now . You can download it. :lol:
    Ijcro.

Ahoy
    Works finishing...
    here is real application for test:
    http://www.micrel.cz/Dx/lens_flare.exe
    Do you like it ?

When I saw than no echo for my announcing, I first thought that is DelphiX totally death and all works have to suspend. I shocked. Nothing interrest in my work than nobody have no use of help . But in second I said, when allmost way complete, sorry I will finish it. Now is code recovering finished, I will test it and I thing after week released. When no other opinion by me, it will be too hard....

Bye, Bye
    Ijcro.

Hi ijcro,

Thanks for all the hard work! I totally understand what you say about the lack of responce. I too have wondered about that issue when I released the sourcecode of my game and got absolutely no comments (good or bad) whatsoever. However, since the release about one month ago it has been downloaded nearly 150 times so I guess it still is appreciated.

Back to your work. I have tried both samples. The pc I tried it on doesn't have a great gfx card (radeon 7000) but it ran great. At startup the flare sample gave about 5 fps, but once spacebar was pressed (thus hardware accel) it jumped to 189 fps!

The first sample has something odd going on. I see a transpararent red bar with a opaque white bar right next to it, on top of the background image. I could be wrong but i don't think it should be there. Also I get an access violation when I try to resize the window.

Overall I'm quite impressed by the speed increase. Again nice job, and please do continue! To others: please try the samples if you're into DelphiX and give comments! Otherwise, initiatives like these will stop sooner or later.

I looked at the sample a week or so ago, and emailed you directly with my positive comments. I am VERY impressed with the hardware accelerated improvements, and am very keen to see the framework you are (hopefully still) about to release.
    I agree that this (delphiX) forum is very quiet (for posters, if not lurkers) and yes, I get 500 people downloading my stuff with about 3 people actually bothering to respond with any feedback.
    (Incidentally, you didn't respond to my email :roll: anyway!)

There is only Traveller and a few others who appear to actively contribute to this forum I think?

oh- I emailed from your site to undelphix@micrel.cz, not the email address you posted in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    I totally understand what you say about the lack of responce. I too have wondered about that issue when I released the sourcecode of my game and got absolutely no comments (good or bad) whatsoever.
    Ahem.. Your source helped me with my timing problem, which Idid thank you for

Just tried out the delphix.exe. thats very impressive!
    Homepage - http://incubii.port5.com

Quote Originally Posted by nzo2
    Ahem.. Your source helped me with my timing problem, which Idid thank you for
    I stand corrected

Download from...

Ahoy,

crasch site?

Last downloads from http://turbo.gamedev.net/undelphix.asp or http://www.micrel.cz/Dx/delphix_2005_02_11.rar .

NOTE: :idea: HW acceleration works ops: in 16 or 32 color depth only :idea: .

Regards
    Ijcro.

I saw that no suggest, no experience, no impression... :cry:
    Ijcro.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast