Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HW acceleration (un)DelphiX

HW acceleration (un)DelphiX

Just remember that DelphiX is not open source and Hori has not given any permission to anyone to make chnages to the code.

While propbably not an issue this does mean that the new undelphiX with hardware optimisations is effectivly using pirated copyrighted code.
    In principle you are correct. However, I do agree with WILL on this. Jaro (and others) have continued where Hori has stopped. Without them, DelphiX would have been dead a long time ago.
    I can't say this for sure of course, but if I would be Hori, I'd be very grateful that someone has taken the time and effort to bright DelphiX to where it is now.

On the other hand, its easy talking afterwards, when all the good things have been done.

I'll definitly be brushing up my old delphix project. Great work!!!!

I know noz whom create "robotron" also used your delphix version for it.

1 bug found again

DrawRotateSub function draws added image, not subbed. This sub works fine if i remove check from DXDraw.options.do3D (not hw accelerated then). Also noticed that if rotated image is transparent, it doesn't get bi-linear filtering.

Quote Originally Posted by User137
    1 bug found again

DrawRotateSub function draws added image, not subbed. This sub works fine if i remove check from DXDraw.options.do3D (not hw accelerated then). Also noticed that if rotated image is transparent, it doesn't get bi-linear filtering.
    OK, please check it on demonstrate program DelphiX (as reference program) form my page.
    Some problems occurred when actual format of picture no corespond format of screen.

Regards
    Ijcro.

Greetings,

I've installed Your version of DelphiX.
    I putted one TDXDraw component.
    I putted one TDXSrpiteEngine component.
    I pressed F9.
    I got error message: "Project XXX raised exception class EReadError with message 'Property Items doesn not exist' "

Could You check it?
    Does Pixelcheck Collison method really works in Your version of DelphiX?

Regards,

Wodzu

Hello again.

I must sorry You for my previous post. Everything is now OK. I just left the old Library Patches to UnDelphiX ops:

I will test Your extensions in project which I am making now.

Regards,

Wodzu

Some time ago i posted this on delphigamedev so perhaps i'll link it here:
    http://www.delphigamedev.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=292

The thing was about fixing some of the known DelphiX bugs and adding there something new. Still the problem with textures is unsolved, however access violation is gone forever. It occures when DXDraw is resized or Ctrl+Alt+Del is pressed (so you can't escape it with anything else than fixing the core).

And forgot to mention, 1024x256 textures don't work, but 512x512 do, when patternsize is 256x256 on both cases I don't know why but to me it looks like delphix loads that 1024x256 and stretches it to power of 2 -> 1024x1024 and then use same texture for all patterns just with different texture coordinates. I'd find it wiser to make own texture for each pattern...

Quote Originally Posted by User137
    And forgot to mention, 1024x256 textures don't work, but 512x512 do, when patternsize is 256x256 on both cases I don't know why but to me it looks like delphix loads that 1024x256 and stretches it to power of 2 -> 1024x1024 and then use same texture for all patterns just with different texture coordinates. I'd find it wiser to make own texture for each pattern...
    Its solved in 1.06 up to 2048x2048 px
    Ijcro.

Well modified DXDraws, and added DrawAddCol, DrawSubCol, DrawAlphaCol and DrawRotateModeCol into TDirectDrawSurface and got rid of those two warnings... Guess this is easy and not much of a work, but in any case if you'd just prefer to skip working on this, Ijcro, drop me a line to pack DXDraws and put it up somewhere...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234