Hi again,

the release 1.03 is latest as far as I know. Maybe I did the change by myself if it is not included. Just change definition of TTextAlign in AsphyreDef.pas from taCenter to taMiddle and try to compile. On every compilationerror where taCenter the reason for the error, change the code to taMiddle then. After that you should be able to compile VScreen-Demo.

Concerning the background tiles... Asphyre supports patterns within images, which is the same as tiles in backgroundsprite I guess. You can draw every single pattern where you want. All you have to do by yourself is the scrolling or something like that. This is very easy, I do this in my competition entry, so if you want to know more about this or get sticky somewhere, just ask.

To get more info about licensing, just ask lifepower directly as he is the author of Asphyre. Send him a private message for example. He surely will tell you something about this quiet soon.

I had an issue with Asphyre when trying to change single pixels of images while rendering the images. Lifepower tried to solve the problem, but it seems that this issue does not occur on every computer, so it is hard to find a solution.
But normally you don't want to change textures which are already stored in graphic cards memory. Lifepower told me that this slows down everything quiet a lot.
Switching from fullscreen to windowed mode causes some problems on some machines, but normally should work. But in my opinion this feature is not necessary anyway when playing a game. If I want to play, I want to play fullscreen and not to switch every few minutes
Another thing I recognized is when switching, sometimes the antialiasing is turned off after switching back to fullscreen.
Very important: When you play around with demos and code, try your changings in windowed mode first! If you do something wrong in fullscreen mode and Delphi throws an exception, the only chance to get back to the system is changing to Task-Manager and kill Delphi-process.

Cheers,
Dirk