I don't agree with you on the XP improvement Bobby. I have a pretty fast well equiped computer and it takes at least 1 minute to start XP, since Win98 (I have multiboot) takes only 20 secs to start up. It has nothing to do with the amount of software/drivers installed, since they both have about the same speed when nothing is installed except the o/s itself.

Another problem of XP is their new hide and don't tell feature. If something in Win98 crashed it told us something had crashed (in some unknown offset kinda way language), however Windows XP just crashes but keeps silent about it, those are the new system improvements and that's what makes people think XP is better than 98.

I like Win2000 that was an improvement, but since it is a full NT version it also has all the security protocols and that's what makes it slow and incompatible with a lot of games. However my personal opinion of XP is that it is a very basic, low security Win2000 version where all the good things have been left out and all the bad things of Win98 where put in. I hated every O/S M$ has made after DOS, but Win95 first edition was the best of the entire OS series.

I'm not jealous of microsoft. I don't own a company and even if I did I wouldn't be a match for a lot of big companies out there. I don't mind MS making a lot of money, but I think Borland is much better than MS when it comes to programming languages (they always have), but MS kills of other programming languages by keeping secrets about their OS, they should play open card about the OS and then compete fairly with their programming languages.

Oh and when it comes to Linux, I loved linux for a long while, but it started to annoy me, which I blame on the Open Source features. I don't like having to compile my applications before I can use them and I hate the idea of having to download 15 libraries before I can run a program. Another thing I hate is that a lot of files are never where they should be so you always have to search about 1 hr before you find what you are looking for... No OSes haven't been the same since DOS died...