My opinion about it is, that Delphi won't die out, even if microsoft take it hands on it. delphi is a pascal language not more, not less. And it exist since years and won't die out suddenly. There are even more alternative like freepascal you easily can work as a delphi programmer with. M$ knows that their VB sucks and if there shall be anynone affraid then it shall be the VB programmers, fearing Delphi will replace VB... that's my personal opinion about it.

However, TCPA and such things are ontopic... not the users will be the key persons in this new M$ game. We all are it. The guys who decide on whcih system, what CPU and more important what OS our code will running. I personally think, that the time has come to show M$, that a point is reached the cannot move over. So everyone shall think about how he reacts on TCPA and the trustee way. It will a slow move towards the redmond vision, but after all it will come and everyone should be preapred, not seeing the glowing icons in the best colors... this is a decision even on our privacy and maybe even for the future of delphi...

Phobeus