Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Delphi die?

Will Delphi die?

OMG. That C# thing looks so cool. It feels much more responsive than Java. Cool. I'm gonna check it out.

Will Delphi die?

My opinion about it is, that Delphi won't die out, even if microsoft take it hands on it. delphi is a pascal language not more, not less. And it exist since years and won't die out suddenly. There are even more alternative like freepascal you easily can work as a delphi programmer with. M$ knows that their VB sucks and if there shall be anynone affraid then it shall be the VB programmers, fearing Delphi will replace VB... that's my personal opinion about it.

However, TCPA and such things are ontopic... not the users will be the key persons in this new M$ game. We all are it. The guys who decide on whcih system, what CPU and more important what OS our code will running. I personally think, that the time has come to show M$, that a point is reached the cannot move over. So everyone shall think about how he reacts on TCPA and the trustee way. It will a slow move towards the redmond vision, but after all it will come and everyone should be preapred, not seeing the glowing icons in the best colors... this is a decision even on our privacy and maybe even for the future of delphi...

Phobeus
    Delphi & OpenGL? A contradiction? Not at all...
    <br />www.delphigl.com - German OpenGL Community

Will Delphi die?

hmm, there's a lot of bulls#%t in this thread. Even though it wasn't a topic for this thread, people flame M$ and Windoze because they "think Windoze hides everything" from them. I think this is good, otherwise n00bs will do bad things (like formatting HD) and say "M$ destroyed my info". Come'n people! If your handwriting isn't good, don't blame the pen! All "hidden features" in Windoze, especially WinXP can be revealed... just look for docs... since Windoze NT4.0 the OSes are extremely configurable and flexible - look for FAQs and documents on I-net. Microsoft do not control you and never will - there is no "master" key to all encrypted information - buy a book on strong encryption for the proof. Please, if you really flame M$ or its policy, make it argumented otherwise it's just another bulls#%t. As for me, I agree with Bobby and also would like to say - I always dreamed having Sound Blaster Emulation back in old days (had no $$ to buy a sound card)... I was very surprised they finally DID it in WinXP (on virtual dos machine). Searching I-net with "TCPA" or "Palladium" didn't gave me any official M$ sites, just a bunch of "M$ mustdie" ones, which I don't even bother to read. Returning to original question - of course Delphi can die! Just watch 'em launch a nuclear bomb over the world and we'll be all dead... anyway, even though Delphi has its bad days in Delphi 7, I think it'll be getting better...

- just an opinion,
    Lifepower

Delphi WILL NEVER DIE

Delphi will never die

only if there are more than d(e^x) Pascal Programmers
    do not FEAR, I is here

Will Delphi die?

You can actually tweak XP enough, shut off all kinds of features and such that it looks exactly like Win98. Presto! It still boots up slow as shit though.

What pen?

"If your handwriting isn't good, don't blame the pen! "

If my pen's no good, but there aint no alternative, I WILL complain when my "handwriting" is unrecognisable and tears the paper!
    Stevie
    <br />
    <br />Don't follow me..... I'm lost.

Will Delphi die?

Hehe, yep, although handwriting is the look of your writings and has nothing to do with pen tearing paper, etc. I hope you know what I mean... if not, ignore it

Will Delphi die?

Point taken... but, you want to try writing without a pen?
    Stevie
    <br />
    <br />Don't follow me..... I'm lost.

Will Delphi die?

EXACTLY! If you don't like your handwriting and still blame the pen - try writing without it... see how hard is it? Now it's good time to get the pen again and trying to improve the way you write... there's always room for improvement

Will Delphi die?

now if only microsoft would follow such great advice.......................

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast