Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: not my project but worth a look..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

not my project but worth a look..

Once we find g2script.pas, it will be fun to make changes and additions to it.
    Very true.

But what about the tools to create new content? It would be very cool if we could make new cars and buildings too

I also had a play last night and this engine has a real potential.

If you could jump out of the car and do some Syndicate style Gauss gun spraying of passer's by and add a few police and gang members and your are on your way.

I hope the Team go on to do bigger and better things with Object Pascal in the game arena .
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

I worry about you sometimes, savage.

Have you found the lady pedestrian that follows your car around?

I've taken a brief look through the source, and it looks quite cool. Pity the model and map data is in a custom format. That will make it harder to add or change models. They used 3DS Max to create the models (gathered from the first 32 bytes of the tokyo.map file where it has a .max filename), and the rest of the .map file is zip compressed.

Their map object creates 65,536 TList objects in the constructor. I wouldn't really call that efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Once we find g2script.pas, it will be fun to make changes and additions to it.
    Very true.

But what about the tools to create new content? It would be very cool if we could make new cars and buildings too
    uhh here is the rest about the project:

the tools to create the content won't be released, it is A3D object converter,
    won't be availible so i'm affraid that you'll have to make your own tools,
    altrough i don't think they would mind if i give you some example files
    before they were converted.. but best solution to this is to implement
    completely new model formats and change graphical engine to opengl
    if you want to port it to linux..

basicly the tss project was their first project and is currently not
    developed any further, thats why you have the sources (altrough
    incomplete - i will try to fix that)
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

So is the engine based on the A3D Delphi code? If it is that is already working on Linux thanks to technomage who ported it to JEDI-SDL.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    So is the engine based on the A3D Delphi code? If it is that is already working on Linux thanks to technomage who ported it to JEDI-SDL.
    no.. A3D is aukio3d - their own tools for converting objects..

i got the g2script files, re-download the src.zip.
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

The source is complete and works and it is pretty cool. I know almost nothing about 3d programming so most goes over my head, but I would be pretty keen to start learning and see if I can make sense of how this sort of stuff is done.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Oh, and the lady pedestrian waiting under the bridge that follows you around... she's naked. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Oh, and the lady pedestrian waiting under the bridge that follows you around... she's naked. Shocked
    ... and butt ugly too. But whats worse, she can't be killed! You drive right through her! Can you image the horror? :shock: An ugly, naked women chasing you till the end of times?! :fuzzy:

I did get her killed once. Not quite sure how. She was following my car and then all of a sudden she died, possibly by being hit by an unseen car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast