Thread: First Staff Blog

Blog Entries

First Staff Blog

Hey everyone!

Well I've decided to add a new feature. Some may love it, some may hate it... but here it is. The PGD Staff Blog!

Now it really is just an new icon, but I will be adding a new blog flag to the news items and you will be able to enable/disable blog posts on the news page soon enough.

I'm hoping this feature will encourage it's use amoungst our staff and open a venue for those wishing to have a blog here in the PGD community.

With the new parser it shall be more pleasent to write since all posts can be written in a phpBB format.

'Till my next real blog, Cheers!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

First Staff Blog

Blogs are great for having rants into, i'd probably explode and become a bit of an ass on forums if i couldnt rant into my blog every now and then

First Staff Blog

Well, what a coincidence I just recently decided to start my own blog (here) since I'm not getting much time to do coding anymore but still like to discuss some interesting stuff. So maybe this blog-feature will give a nice boost to PGD as it basically should also allow to post some stuff that doesn't directly fit to the theme of the other news.

Blog Entries

First Staff Blog

Exactly... once I get the blog 'feature' enabled, I'll have a couple of tabs that'll allow you to switch from News to Blogs and back. And it'll be just like making a news post, only it's your blog message instead. [size=9px](It'll have a radio button or check box)[/size]

The 'main' blog listing will be everyones blogs listed in order of their posting, with the option of seperately looking at a single staff member's blogs only.

Another feature coming is the site member's news posts. It'll work something like GameDev.net and DevMaster.net but with the reporters making final fixes and touch-ups and publishing them.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder