Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Clooties DirectX units? *solved (kind of..)*

Question about Clooties DirectX units? *solved (kind of..)*

You need to supply this "special" DirectX 9.0c Redistributable (link).
    How to determine is you redistributive contains D3DX9 as DLL: watch for these files: Feb2005_d3dx9_24_x64.cab, Feb2005_d3dx9_24_x86.cab.

PS. According to licence you can remove part of DirectX 9.0c Redistributable which are not required by your application. For example: Win9x support, Win64 support, Managed DX

To Macro: Microsoft Gears Up for Windows x64 April Launch, Says Company?¢_Ts Rep.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

And by the way: when/if in future MS allows to redistribute D3DX9 in your application installer you will be required to place D3DX9_xx.dll inside System32 folder, so MS later can easier patch their own bugs/security holes
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Okey, thanks for your answers. I will look forward how do I distribute my application so, it's as small as possible but not violating the terms of EULA. Thanks again Clootie you have been very helpfull (as always). This case is closed - Dismiss!
    - In a world without the wall and fences, who will need the Gates and Windows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12