Thread: Fate

Fate

I saw this image of the day about a game called Fate over on FlipCode
    And the write up looked very interesting. So I thought I would share it with my fellow game developers. The game's site is at http://www.fatethegame.com/
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Fate

Indeed very nice!
    They claim to have done all this in just over 5 months. Quite amazing if you ask me. Too bad they haven't responded yet to the 'what language' question but some how I doubt it'll be Delphi.

Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Too bad they haven't responded yet to the 'what language' question but some how I doubt it'll be Delphi.
    Your doubts are confirmed. They responded that it was done in C++. Mind you there is no reason at all that this could not be done in Delphi, and I had already been playing around with thoughts of how to do a fully-3D Diablo II style game with randomly generated levels.

Blog Entries

Fate

VEry nice. It's quite reminecent of Dungeon Seige and anotherone called Darkstone(I think thats it's name).

In fact Darkstone had a dungeon generator in it's engine. It was neat. Each time you start a new game it's different, save for the overworld map that was the same I think. Kinda like how the Diablo games were. Though Diablo 2 had overworld generation too.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Fate

Wow those graphics are sexy, hope the gameplay is just as good, since thats was really matters, right?

Fate

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    VEry nice. It's quite reminecent of Dungeon Seige and anotherone called Darkstone(I think thats it's name).

In fact Darkstone had a dungeon generator in it's engine. It was neat. Each time you start a new game it's different, save for the overworld map that was the same I think. Kinda like how the Diablo games were. Though Diablo 2 had overworld generation too.
    The engine reminds me a bit of Warcraft III