Thread: iMac

iMac

Apple have announced their new iMac, which runs on an Intel Dual Core processor.
    <blockquote>

Applications with the ?¢_oUniversal?¢__ symbol are designed to run natively on both Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs. So whichever type you own, you can be sure your software will run at peak performance.

</blockquote>

The machines will allow Windows to be installed on them, so will allow dual booting.

I can't wait to see FPC running on it and hopefully this is what Borland have been waiting for on the Delphi front ( fingers crossed ).
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

iMac

Btw, if you had not noticed, the word "Power" has been removed from the Mac branding.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

iMac

Normally I'd be the first to jump on in and say, "yeah I hope so too!", but in this case... sadly it may yet not happen. At least as far as Danny Thorp of Borl-err *ahem*... Google had to say about it.

http://blogs.borland.com/dcc/archive...6/08/5229.aspx

[size=9px]NOTE: Danny Thorp was a Borland employee and the previous Chief Architect of Delphi under up until about a month or so ago when he accepted a job offer from Google.[/size]

However, that does not mean that FPC and Lazarus will be swayed from supporting it. And for that I'm glad.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

iMac

Since he no longer works for Borland, maybe the new blood will see things differently and see it as a challenge rather than as a hurdle.

Blog Entries

iMac

I wonder what their phones will be running off of... :think:

[size=9px]Mobile Me: An Apple Phone?[/size]
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

iMac

I wonder what their phones will be running off of...

Mobile Me: An Apple Phone?
    LOL .

This has been a long time comming, and it's about time Apple stopped it's shenanigans and started something with Intel hardware :joker:.