Thread: Need help with SendMessage and PostMessage Win32 API's.

Need help with SendMessage and PostMessage Win32 API's.

Im trying to send key strokes to a game called Tony Hawk's Underground 2 to automate some moves see if i can automate a combo . I have the correct window handle and everything but when sending return key or example nothing happens.

Is their something special about full screen games? because it works fine on windowed games and normal applications.

If game uses DirectInput - then sending standart windows messages will not do anything (as DirectInput API is situated logically before Windows message API).
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

It would seem so Keybd_Event() has no reaction either but i met a guy playing online that was doing something similar in C. Is there anyway i can get key strokes through to the dam thing?

You could try something like this
    http://www.gtasanandreas.net/artwork/gallery.php?id=919

This setup was used to find all the cheats for GTA: San Andreas by wiring the PS2 controller up to the PC's parallel port and trying numerous combinations at high speed.

Or maybe not.

lol so there would be no way of me emulating DirectInput to it? Dang! there goes that idea.

Well, you can hook it. But it's really not an easy way... Some articles and libraries can be found on Madshi homepage: http://www.madshi.net/
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.