Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD DogFight Competition comes to a close...

PGD DogFight Competition comes to a close...

@Crisp_N_Dry

I found the script to be unworkable in FireFox as well. Every entry went to the same page. Perhaps you recognise this problem?
    After trying the script in MSIE it works just fine (for me anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by xGTx
    I want someone to tell me how to get SodamaLite to run!!! it looks so kick ass!
    it' it lan game only, so it's recomended to have at least two players for minimum pleasure :-)

anyway, after you start the game, choose your name, ship and color, then host game.

in case that you get connection timeout, open the console with '`' (no quotes) (usally that's a character below esc on keyboard :-) and try either alt+f or alt+n (alt-f will work on lan, and alt-n will work on single machine connecting on 127.0.0.1). you should receive information about connecting to local host and connected players. after that, close console (same way you've opened), choose table, slect frag limit and voila - game should start. :-)

happy testing.
    [greent/mindnever.org] - [www.mindnever.org]

I've just uploaded SP1 for sodomaLite - it fixes some bugs related to network communication. Also, now it's possible to start more than one copy of sL on one machine.

Original release:
    sodoma.mindnever.org/sodomaLite.zip

sp1:
    sodoma.mindnever.org/sodomaLite-sp1.zip

Note: capital L is mandatory!
    blog: http://alexionne.blogspot.com/

@Crisp_N_Dry

I found the script to be unworkable in FireFox as well. Every entry went to the same page. Perhaps you recognise this problem?
    After trying the script in MSIE it works just fine (for me anyway)
    in firefox, you have to click the Parent Folder button to go back, you can't press Back on the browser, or you just keep getting the same page. I don't know if its the same in IE.

Ben

thats because it uses sessions. its not a bug its a feature

Thanks to the SodomaLite team! I can't wait to go home and try Alt-N
    I have a 2005 CRF 250 so <^>(>&lt<^>
    <br />http://www.gtrpg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget
    OMG, give these guys a break! They spent 3 months of their spare time at this, and it's not like it's going to get them a game dev contract or anything.
    At the end of the day it's also open source so if it's so buggy, go examine the code fix the problems and make yourself useful!
    Ok, so, what do you expect me to do? Say lies like "everything worked perfectly here"? When a gamer gets a game, he doesn't know anything about QA's departments, nothing about "how hard the work was" and "how long it took to development" and "how hard they tried". A player usually gets the game, tries to install it and then play it and that's exactly what I and my partner did. The result/feedback was written in a form of comment/opinion. The fact that we experienced problems installing the entries and then playing some of them (due to "difficult" controls) may be taken as a form of feedback.

Ok, i tried Alt-N... says "trying to connect" "timeout"

Then i tried using the SP1... Cant even press host button with it
    I have a 2005 CRF 250 so &lt;^&gt;(&gt;&lt&lt;^&gt;

Same here. No matter what I try, it always says "Connetion timeout", so I can't test it. It may have been nice if you would have included a splitscreen-mode.

Edit :
    I got it to work. It seems that when I'm online my firewall somehow refused the game from starting (although I allowed it). So when I'm offline I can host a game.
    So as for the game : It looks nice and movement is also a nice idea but I had several technical problems :
    - Random, but very frequent hick-ups which make it quite unplayable.
    - Collision is not working 100%. Sometimes you don't collide at all and most of the time you can pass through objects though you collide with them.
    - Sound turns very awfull (oversteers maybe) as soon as I fire, otherwise it's good.

Disabled my network connection and it worked as well.

I had no hiccups, game ran smooth unless i was shooting and trying to turn, then it lagged up and sound FX went awfull.

Other then that, graphics where brilliant. Ship movement was fun, especially at high speeds.
    I have a 2005 CRF 250 so &lt;^&gt;(&gt;&lt&lt;^&gt;

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast