Hello people,

since I haven't had the time to finish my little game for the dogfight compo, I am now in a decision if I make this game complete and build some kind of Gauntlet-style game out of it. The ones who know Gauntlet from good old C64 know what I am talking about. It was one of my favourite games and I wasted half of my youth with it :lol:

So what I wanted to do here is to show you what I have at the moment and get an general opinion if I should use this to make a complete game or if most of you think I should start from scratch again.

So here is the link to get a "playable" version without enemys:

http://www.dino-it.de/warnrog.zip

Here some short instructions:

Arrows - move
shift - run (keep your endurance in mind)
space - pickup
a - throw weapon
s - cast spell
y - use item (potion or eye)

in menu use arrow keys to go up/down and to select character.
press enter to access Options (not much in there yet)
press enter to start lan server or join a game - this is only available when server is active and configured right (see below)

d - die

There are many issues in this because its not ready yet. If you have two computers, you can take a look at multiplayer game. Just configure the Server-IP in warnrog.ini (on the computer which shall act as client) and start the lan server on the computer with that IP. In menu there should appear something like "Server found at: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and then you can choose to join a game.

Ok, I would be very pleased if some people play araound with it and tell me what they think about it.

Greetings,
Dirk

Forgot to mention required system specs:

3D-Card
DirectX 9.0c installed
Soundcard installed properly

A laptop Pentium 4 1.0 Ghz with GeForce 2 Go! ran it smooth full VSync'd FPS.