This forum has been used once in 2 years. So, I figured I'd actually make proper use of it.

As mentioned here, I am planning on making a platform 2D sidescroller. I have several ideas for the premise, but I'm not sure what to pick as a type story to hone the gameplay off of. So here are my ideas I have so far(2);

[size=9px](Please keep in mind that these are just rough drafts )[/size]

Idea #1: Robots

You wake up in a strange place(dark alley, sewer tunnel, cave, etc). You quickly discover that you are a robot as your system diagnostic starts up shortly after you are 'concious'. The diagnostic reveals that all core systems are fine, but you have no memory of who you are or who your maker was. Also it shows that you appear to be missing some subsystems with no specification or designations. While trying to get up you get a system message reporting that you have taken some minor stuctural damage recommending that you 'take it easy'.

This all makes you little robotic mind spin! You have no model or serial number, you have taken damage, yet no memory of any of these events if any memory of anything at all.

Suddenly, a message file pops up in memory with a garbled attached video feed. ~"This is Dr. (insert some neat sounding scientist's name), I am your creator! I wish I could explain more to you, but there is no time. There is an organization called (instert cool para-military sounding name), they wish to take my work and use it for their own means of power. I cannot let this happen so I have sent a small team to transport you to my assistant Dr. (insert assistant's name) outpost located here. [A little map shows where small outpost is on the globe] Hopefully at your arrival there h will be able to install the rest of your sub-systems that will give you your full capabilities. At all costs do not let (cool para-military name) get their hands on you or your technology! I am sorry that you had to wake-up in such dark times, I would have liked to see you brought to life, but they know how to track me somehow and I cannot risk you being taken by them. Best of luck (insert robot's name), may you be able to discover what us humans call happiness in your new life."~ The message ends.

<strike>Idea #2: Para-Military Teams</strike> (NOT USING THIS IDEA!)

2103; it's the new dark ages. The rise of fanatical terrorist attacks overtook the last of the remaining superpowers and what was once huge prosperious countires are now crushed chaotic warzones. Humankind has resorted to developing small factions and armies of their own to provide protection and a possible future for themselves. Some have tried in the recent past to restore some of the old governing bodies, but such attempts have only ended in failure. Hope is seemingly at a minimum for most.

You have managed to avoid serious injury or desease in a small remote village in the mountains of (insert part of continent). When you were just 12 years old there was an attack to take food and supplies from the villagers. Your father and sister were killed durring the small battle and you started hanging around with the villages own combat team and aspired to learn how to fight after that.

At age 16 you met up with 2 other young men, now friends that have dreams of wanted to join a popular and growing unit called (insert cool squad name). They are rumored to be trying to start up a local governement to restore peace in the area. You and your friends have been trainning for 2 years and their great deeds and victories were mentioned from villages around the area and have been known as heroes by all you know. The 3 of you finally decide, after great restraint from your home villages, that you are ready to finally join up and help in their cause.