Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PGD Dogfight Competition Results!

Blog Entries

PGD Dogfight Competition Results!

Well it's time to finally announce the winners of the PGD Dogfight Competition. After 3 long months of programming and development and 15 days for the judges to evaluate each and every entry it was a pretty close race overall. But before we get to the results, just yet...

Thanks to our judges; Dean Ellis, Domique Louis, Tom Nuydens, Jon Walton and Steve Williams for taking the time to judge for this contest.

And thanks again to Domique Louis for organizing, co-ordinating and especially for seeking out sponsorship for this event!

We also would like to show our appreciation to our sponsors for their contributions of the prizes to our winners; Borland, Caligari, 3Impact and Nexus and Steve Williams (aka Sly) for donating 'Game Programming Gems: Volume 5'.

And lastly a huge thanks to everyone that participated an contributed in this competition. Without the community we would not have been able to have such sectacular results as this.

And now without further adue... The winners of the 2005 PGD Dogfight Competiton are... (Click here!)

<center>This competition was sponsored by:
    <table><tr><td bgcolor=#ffffff><center>[img]images/logos/Borland.jpg[/img]
    [img]images/logos/Caligari.jpg[/img]
    <table><tr><td valign=middle>[img]images/logos/3Impact.jpg[/img] </td><td valign=middle> [img]images/logos/Nexus.jpg[/img]</td></tr></table></center></td></tr></table></center>
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

The... link....doesn't....work.....must.....see....scores ....before....sleep....

Blog Entries

You know... thats the problem with lurkers. :lol:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Congrats to the Winner and to everyone who entered.

Perhaps a more prominent link should be made to the WhatTheJudgesSaid page instead of just linking from the judges names.

http://www.pgd.netstarweb.com/compet...udgesSaid.html

Congratulations to all who entered, and especially those that got a place. Eric, you'll have to send me your delivery address so I can send the book to you.

Congrats to the winners! I'll have to try one or two of the games...

Re: PGD Dogfight Competition Results!

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    This competition was sponsored by:
    Damn. If only I had a logo I would have been in there with that lot.

Thanks Everyone.

I am very happy with my final placing. With some sound and a better single player interface my entry could have been amongst the top three.
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Great! i've scored half-way of the chart.. not bad
    I've saw the WhatJudgeSay page and i was quite happy with what they said..

Nice to hear that the recharged added a bit of stragegy.. they were developed exacly for that Also i'm happy that it has been noted that the game is cross platform.

I've heard lots of people that the AI is way too hard.. Well it's probably true.. The point is that while developing i've made a lot of "training" so the ai always seemed too weak to me.. just think that i almost always win when i play. Maybe that's also becouse i know how the AI behaves.
    So i continued to make it harder to stay on my level.. not a good idea probably Some playtest with other people whould have helped.. :mrgreen:

For example one thing you could try is to run against the enemy instead of escaping from it.. When you get close, it will switch to "escape" mode and flee from you. Now you can stay on his tail and give some hit

Anyway, i'm very happy. This was my first competition and i must say i really enjoyed it. Thanks to savage and all the others
    Next year another one ?

Conglaturation to the winners

Ah, does the Honourary means something or they're just 4,5 and 6 place?
    If you save your data in a proprietary format, the owner of the format owns your data.
    <br /><A href="http://msx80.blogspot.com">http://msx80.blogspot.com</A>

AHHHH, THE NOES! I LOTS

Congrats to Eric for making the first place, although I'd prefer that place

So how about the prices? Do we need to send Dominique our address, or how will this be handled?

And once again : Thanks go to Dominique and the rest of PGD for organizing this contest, all the judges (great to also see what they thought about our games) and also the sponsors that provided the prices. And not to forget all the entrants!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast