Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delphi 2005 Personal Edition on DVD of current 'PC Magazin'-

Blog Entries

Delphi 2005 Personal Edition on DVD of current 'PC Magazin'-

MikeS: What is FF? I can't think of what it could be...

I've always thought of 7 to be a nice jump from 5. Never used 6 to be honest.

savage: Did we post any news for Update 2? I don't think we did... :lol: Ok so we miss stuff... sue us.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I've tried only the Trial edition(with all it's initial bugs) so please don't flame me.

D2005 is EXTREMELY bloated and I doubt the fact that they released some patches is going to change that. The thing was loading longer than Eclipse on my machine and tha't something to say. I crashed in 5 times in the one month's trial. Working with it was like trying to push a wagon uphill.
    It ate some 200 megs of RAM and for what? Perhaps the MDI is costy

For me Delphi 6/7 were the winners. After that it got only worse.

After trying 2005 I returned to my 1 second starting, 15 megs in RAM Lazarus(with all it's bugs )
    Feel the power of Open Source.
    <br />Feel the power of Free Pascal.

Delphi 2005's Update Pack 2 fixes quite a few issues, one of which is the start-up time, which is considerably faster than the initial release.
    Admittedly it is not as quick Lazarus, but then this IDE does allow you to target, Win32, Delphi .NET and C# .NET.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Well, after a little bit of searching on Google, I came up with this:
    http://www.borland.pl/downloads/delp...i6Personal.exe

I'm not sure whether English is a supported language, but -hey-, it's worth a shot...

I also had a look at the coverdisk of the May PC Pro magazine, and no mention of Delphi on the cover anywhere, so maybe next month, or maybe they've just not mentioned it on the cover...

And Lazarus is great, has a few issues which I'd love to see fixed, but seeing as I'm considering getting a Mac Mini, I may just be changing over despite those problems...

it's english!

the installer and all the contained files are in english..
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Quote Originally Posted by NoshBar
    And Lazarus is great, has a few issues which I'd love to see fixed, but seeing as I'm considering getting a Mac Mini, I may just be changing over despite those problems...
    If you're not afraid of some nasty bugs (wich will be resolved in time, i hope), Lazarus is quite nice. Free Pascal, the 'engine' , is Fast.. I love it. I use it.. the GUI is also very good.
    Marmin^.Style

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12