Thread: Forum Search

Forum Search

Lo,

Erm the Forum search doesnt seem to work at all. like ever. it returns nothing when you search for stuff.. even when searching for things you know is in the forum.

Forum Search

Nicely spotted. We will see what we can do to fix it.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Forum Search

searching for search returns only this thread
    searching for newton returns nothing (but its definatly mentioned somewhere)

Blog Entries

Forum Search

hmm... ok I think I know why... and didn't realize it until now... Probably my fault.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Forum Search

Ok, I restored the missing search words and word/post matches. However, this is a huge chuck of data in the database.

About 1 Meg just for the word matches table alone. It would be a heck of alot more should I have left in the original DGDev Forum words and wordmatches in there too. We're talking megs of it...

At any rate it may not be such a great way to handle searching the forums in the future with the addition of thousands more posts being added in the future. Gives me something to think about when making improvemnts to the site.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder