Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleek GUI screenshot!

Sleek GUI screenshot!

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    checkerboard image(every other pixel is black or transparent to form a checkerboard)
    "checkerboard" is the word I was missing from my earlier description about the pattern we were using in Hero X.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Sleek GUI screenshot!

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    You probably want to write you own, but keep in mind that JEDI-SDL has an excellent GUI already written for it by Igor
    Definitely an excellent GUI library. But you're right, I prefer to roll my own. I'm going to see how far I can get without using textures. Let's see:

Panel
    Label
    Button
    Listbox
    Editbox
    Checkbutton
    Radiobutton
    Dialog
    UpDown
    PageControl
    Combobox
    Treeview (argh!)

Clearly, designing a fully-featured GUI is a big job. Sounds like fun!
    [size=10px]&quot;In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it&#39;s the exact opposite.&quot; -- Paul Dirac[/size]

Sleek GUI screenshot!

Through some more vigorous effort, sliderbars and inputboxes are functional. Hurrah. :)

Additionally, the colours of the windows are now consistant, allowing the (potential) players to customize the feel of their HUD/GUI.

Game-Dev Journal: http://skirmish.dreamhosters.com/devlog/

Blog Entries

Sleek GUI screenshot!

Well this game is gonna have a nice GUI. That much I know.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Sleek GUI screenshot!

Me again. The game had been on a hiatus of sorts for a few months, but my motivation is back on track and I'm motivated once again! The GUI is unfortunately still the main area of development, but once it's done the real fun can begin! (Particle engine, networking, weapons, etc)

Right now I'm writing the UI (user interface) for weapon selection, etc. For that I've written a TGUIComboBox component for my little GUI collection. ;) There's also a nifty expanding/retracting animation which a screenshot can't really do justice for.

The website for the game (now entitled "Skirmish Online" is also in the works as I teach myself CSS :P)

Sleek GUI screenshot!

That looks cool. I know what's like to leave something for a while and then come back to it with a bit more motivation.

I'm working primarily on the GUI for my game as well. Preliminary screenshots have been shown here before. I don't have any 3D yet, so you are way ahead of me in that department.

That was an in-progress for the contest earlier this year. I really should remove that text.

I recently added columns to the listbox and the editbox is now editable. The menu interface for the game is currently being planned, so I'm only going to develop the UI items that I will need. I will post another screenshot when I have more to show.

Sleek GUI screenshot!

Looks good, Sly!

Sleek GUI screenshot!

Very slick GUI indeed!

I hope you're making it modular so you can release it for the rest of us.

Sleek GUI screenshot!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS
    Very slick GUI indeed!

I hope you're making it modular so you can release it for the rest of us.

;)
    Nope! I realized that modular would be good about halfway through, and thus everything is hardwired into everything else in a fairly ugly fashion. Something tells me I might have to endure a rewrite one day soon. :/

Sleek GUI screenshot!

Mine is quite similar to the VCL in use, though without the graphical designer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12